Breast Enlargement and Weight Gain

Posted , 24 users are following.

Has anyone experienced having their breast get bigger after taking Gabapentin? Also, I can't lose weight to save my life. I workout hard every day and I eat right, however, I can not lose 1 pound no matter what. I'm suppose to take two 3 times per day, but I take 1 or 2 once or twice a day.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Weight gain is a common side effect. The swelling may be edema, also a possible side effect. This was one of the reasons I had to go of pregabalin (similar to gabapentin). I put on 15kg (33 pounds) in 13 weeks. When I stopped it, I lost 9 pounds in 2 days; obviously the fluid buildup.
  • Posted

I acyually lost weight, as it made the appetite part of my brain switch off, but I do know that more people have the opposite happen. Weight gain can be a problem with these meds. I did swap from gabapentin to a lower dose of pregabalin some years later and I found that had v little effect on my appetite and if anything I went up a size as my bad back was stopping my exercising. 
  • Posted

Hi i have just found this forum. I have the same problem as you in that i have increased breast tissue. I am also on Amitriptyline and have read in the leaflet that these can cause breast enlargement. Itry to eat healthy and like yourself cannot loose weight. Thou i am not very mobile due to arthritis. I find all this very depressing. I have Gaberpentin for nerve pain due to damaged nerves from lots of operations. How are things with you now? 
  • Posted

I've found that one of my breasts seemed slightly larger than the other after stop taking gabapentin for a few weeksand it hurt for a few days....anyone had similar issues???

• Posted

Hi.  I seemed to be having the same problem you had with breast swelling. Has it gone away? I’m just going off gabapentin and it’s hsppening. Thanks for any info 
  • Posted

when I was taking gabapentin my breast were very tener at times...I have not been on gabapentin since October and every now and the my breast hurt or feel very very tender. Could it be from the gagpentin.. bad day today with breast pain
    • Posted

Hello,

Did your breast(s) swell as well? One of mine still hurts from time to time, yesterday was horrible with pain. I know exactly how you feel...I'm going to the dr next month this is unreal 

• Posted

Hello,

I was prescribed 400mg 3 times a day and had significant breast swelling and weight gain in only 1 week! I lowered it to one pill in the morning and the breasts have retained their bigger size. I took it last year and when I stopped my breast deflated and are now a bit saggy. Had they told me before I was able to educate myself while in the hospital I would have said "No thanks!". They should be called Gobbles not gabas!!

• Posted

as of weight gain...it is a side effect.....i really didnt gain weight but couldnt lose any either...my weight is now down to 112.......Iwas up to 122....I think the medicine did cause some weight gain and at that time I wasnt moving around much...
  • Posted

Hello

I'm only 23 I don't know how old you women are but I'm scared but the sounds of your stories that it took so long for the pain to go away and it still happens. I'm on gabapentin and my doctors been increasing me and every week I hurt more and more and my breast are getting larger. I can barely touch them at times some spots are so sensitive it sends me through the roof. I want off of this Medication. I don't want my breast to be saggy already I haven't even had children. I've been through so much and so much pain this is just something else. I hate my doctor he makes this journey stressful

• Posted

Yes I have experience a great enlargement of my breast (very embarrassing), which I thought about seriously getting a breast deduction and I have also experienced a lot of weight gain and I eat like a mouse. I'm blaming it on the Gabapentin. I am going to talk to my doctor about taping off of it, however it really helps me with my medical condition. 

• Posted

Wonderful@boobpop. I am very impressed @its work. My confidence is very higher now and I love the way it works.I am so pleased with it.I hope the product continues its work with no side effects.complete natural.........
    • Posted

lol..mine too are growing..if I had known this I would have saved thousands on implants years ago. love that lyrica works with no weight gain. at least for me.

• Posted

I had same symptoms my breasts got bigger and sore, I gained weight very quickly and I maintained fluid causing my hands to swell, also my throat felt tight, I was put on it for nerve pain along with Fenetayle patches for a double slipped disc L4/L5, I've now stopped using them, fluid has gone and breasts reduced and weight falling.

Horrible Horrible tablets.

Never again.

• Posted

I recently finished weaning off gabapentin but I uestioned the doctor about enlargement and she said she never heard of it. I am jot over weight but I wanted to loose ten pounds. Since I am off I have lost 7 in three weeks. I am not doing anything different either. I was glad to hear your comment because I am perplexed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.