Breast Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive had breast pain in my left breast for several months. Had mammogram and scan but nothing was detected. So why am I still worried silly that I could have Breast Cancer. I guess I also have some sort of health anxiety. The pain/ache is now going down my left arm. It's not my heart as this has also been checked out. Has anyone else had this persistent breast pain.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

Yes I suffered with this too and also had a mammogram and all was clear, I still get it on and off now and also find I suffer from health anxiety which since taking Busy Bee from Holland and Barrett the anxiety has stopped and I no longer worry about the aches and pains I get.
    • Posted

Hi sprohop.

I'm willing to try anything to calm me down somewhat so will pay Holland & Barrett a visit for some Bust Bee. I was given antidepressants, but as I'm very sensitive to lots of different medicines I had to stop taking them. I do take amytriptiline so at least I get a good nights sleep.

• Posted

Hi,  I've just started taking busy bee today, aren't they big, I can't swallow them, do you have this trouble ?
    • Edited

Hi sprohop

i've looked online at Holland and Barrett but cannot find the busy bee you mentioned. Can you tell the exact name of product. I'm really keen to give it a go. Many Thanks

• Posted

Hi,

I don't have first hand experience of the breast pain you describe, but one of my close friends does. She has suffered from this debilitating and curious condition for several years now. We are the same age, 50, but she is further into perimenopause and this seems to be connected.

She has had numerous tests but nothing sinister has been found, apart from being borderline diabetic. For the breast pain she was prescribed Amytriptiline and it seems to work for her.

Maybe it's something worth discussing with your doctor? Very understandable that you are so worried though. Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. I already take amytriptiline but this has not helped with this mysterious pain. I must somehow take into account that the breast clinic could not find anything wrong with my breast. Having said that I am going back to my doctor regarding the pain now going down my arm. Luckily I have a fantastic doctor she is sympathetic but also firm, which I need. I'll keep you posted.
  • Posted

Hmm the pain going down your arm may be a trapped nerve somewhere. Funny thing the human body! I have been having problems with one foot for over 2 years and have just had the results of an MRI scan which says I have a stress fracture in one of the metatarsals. A year ago I was prescribed Amytriptiline for the pain but thought it was for occasional use only!

I think I will ask for a new body next Christmas!

• Posted

I can sympathise with your foot pain. I broke my ankle 4 years ago. Gained loads of weight as I couldn't exercise. Actually my body aches and pains have got worse with the extra weight. Finding it very difficult to lose the weight. It's really nice to chat with someone about your various ailments. I wish you well with your foot problem. All the best. X
  • Posted

No but it seems to me its just anxieties you will be fine. We ladies need not to worry. 

Don't worry

• Posted

Hi Susan

I wish I could just turn the worry off like a switch. But it's just not that easy. Having said that from now on I'm going to make a real effort and try to relax more. Roll on the spring when I can all get out more, loads of gardening to take my mind off my health worries. I think we could all do with some sunshine. x

• Posted

I have a weird pain in my left arm too. Don'tget the breast pain but I do get shoulder and neck pain too and jaw pain. The physio said they could all be connected to the tight muscles in my jaw, neck and upper back. The sternocleidomastoid can cause pains in all sorts of strange places and runs from behind ear to breastbone. I know someone who also got pain across her chest at this time of her life and down her arm and into face too. I'm guessing it could all be related. I think all you can do is rule out the serious stuff and then look at whether any tightness in muscles could be contributing. I wasn't even aware of the tight muscles until the physio pointed them out. I have tight muscles all over the place but didn't know until I started pressing and feeling around. It's very weird and definitely gets worse at certain times. I really feel that some of the problem is hormone realted. Hope you find some answers soon. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.