Breast pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Do any of you get breast pain during your period that moves into your arm or shoulder on that same side of your breast? I had a mamo done last week and thankfully the results were normal. At the time of my mamo I was due to come on my period so I don't know if it is still tender from all that squishing from the machine.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do hun. Always in the left one as I have some small cysts in that one. Pain can go under and down the arm and spread into shoulder blade. X
    • Posted

Yes that's where mine bothers me too, the left breast. I have cystic tissues in my breast as well which is why I make sure to get my mamos every year. All the women in my family have dense breast tissue. Thankfully i just had my mamo done last week and everything was normal or I'd be panicking right about now.
    • Posted

Mine normally gets worse when im due a period. Dont panic about it. I know us peri ladies are good at that x
  • Posted

I had my first mammo done a couple of weeks ago and I had the same pain, it's fine now.
    • Posted

Thank you for responding. At least I know it's something that can happen after a mamo.
  • Posted

Oh I am so pleased I have found this site. I am suffering just like you guys but was really panicking. I also get breast pain and like some of you arm and shoulder as well. It's good to hear I am not alone and think I will be using this site a lot. Will go to the DR but feel better now. Like one of the replies I gave a cyst as well so do feel reassured its symptoms now. Thanks so much 
  • Posted

I also get left side only breast pain that includes my left ribs, chest bones, shoulder and shoulder blade. Sometimes it seems like it starts in the shoulder and neck and radiates to my chest bone and breast. Other times I feel it mainly in my breast. I had a mammogram and 2 ultrasounds and nothing was found. When I have acupuncture done on my neck and upper back the pain goes away for a while so the pain may originate from irritated tendons or nerves in my neck or shoulder that radiates to other connected tendons or nerves around the breast. Either way, it always concerns me!
    • Posted

me too, going for a shoulder scan next week. I have cysts in the left breast and am led to believe thats why i get pain in that one. However other seem to have it in the left breast and like you do not have cysts. My symptons sound very much like yours as well. xx
    • Posted

I been having pain in my right breast on and off for quite a long time. I had a cyst drained from this breast over 20 yrs ago,and have had 5 routine mammograms since, which all have been fine! I have just received my next mammogram appointment for the 1st Dec and im panicking now that this pain could be something more serious, although i always check myself, and have not found any

lumps.Reading your message has made me feel not so anxious!!

• Posted

I have another breast ultrasound tomorrow and my yearly mammo in December. I get both mammos and ultrasounds because I have small but dense breasts and it is harder to spot things with just a mammo when you have dense breasts. I feel safer getting both plus the ultrsound does not give off radiation.
    • Posted

Just an update. I had another ultrasound yesterday because I still have this left side breast pain. He couldn't find anything wrong but he did say if the pain continues or gets worse we would move on to a breast MRI, which you have to fight tooth and nail to get insurance to pay for. All the pressure and rubbing from the ultrasound probe and his hand has made my breast hurt a lot today. Ugh.
    • Posted

In a way its good news that he couldn't find anything wrong! but you still got the pain which need to be resolved.If they still can't find anything after your mammogram in December,then i would insist on having a MRI scan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.