Breast swelling and pain - any advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Of all the symptoms I have, this one is the most critical. I only seem to have a break for ten days or so, right after menstruating and before ovulation. After that, it's hell. I had an ultrasound done and nothing came up, I was only told I had dense breasts. But I definitely feel that the outer flanks where the glands are placed must be clogged up or something. What can I do about it?

Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mind my asking your age?

​Your menstrual cycle is irregular and I am surprised that your dr has not suggested a referral to a gynaecologist.

• Posted

Hi Jane,

I'm 35. My periods are regular, even if currently longer than usual (30 days or so); this pain and swelling began five months ago. I'm a performer and I have a couple of shows scheduled for the second half of the year. I'm terrified of having to dance and jump with this much volume and discomfort....

• Posted

Do you mean that your periods are lasting for 30 days?Sorry but now confused.
    • Posted

I mean my cycle is 30 days, not 28, and actual bleeding is about 6.
    • Posted

This is normal but if you are having themother signs and symptoms then you would really need to see a gynaecologist to see what can be done. I would avoid any HRT but see what the gynaecologist has to say.
  • Posted

Hi Ivy, when I started the levo, I blew up like a balloon. Most concerning was the bra size increase from a 32c to a 36dd in a very short period of time (I'm talking a month), accompanied by massive bloating. When I asked the doctor about this, she insisted it wasn't related to thyroid disease or the medication. Men we in my left have I had my breasts blow up like this. Of course, this was also accompanied by breast tenderness most of the month, though I don't recall the exact timing in the cycle. It. Seemed like it went on and on.

My my feeling is that thyroid disease and the medications can cause kidney problems that lead to excess fluid. Maybe try some parsley tea or kidneys do adrenal support herbs to see if that gets rid of the problem.

Im off the meds, the breast tenderness has stopped, and the size has gone down some. I gained 40 pounds on the meds, so I'm hoping once I lose the weight, I'll be more myself.

• Posted

Thanks for for the advice. I'm not taking any mess whatsoever, only doing acupuncture, but I see no progress so far and it's becoming a professional concern. The weight increase is not dramatic in my case... Let's hope it's stays that way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.