Breathing problems

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi does anyone here with anxiety feel the need to yawn or take deep breaths constantly, i have had this issue for months, was stressed months back but not so much now but its still happening, any suggestions would be helpful.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I constantly feel like this. I wanna say it's due to the amount of sleep I've been getting for,the yawning. But for the deep breathes I think my breathing is incorrect due to me worrying too much, like taking in more air than expelling.
  • Posted

hi lynda - i have that too. just tiday, in fact, i was aware that i am yawning like crazy. i am on holiday - shouldn't be stressed! i do deep breathing (in 4, hold 7, out for 8) and then i feel better. maybe it will work for you.
    • Posted

just an hour ago i kept trying to get a deep breath but couldnt get the satisfying feeling from it and i felt like i was gona die, it was horrible, then when i got the deep breath i felt better again. i dont think its astma cause i breath normally inbetween the deep breaths, now im starting to worry theres sumit wrong with my heart!
    • Posted

it is such a viscious cycle!! i completely understand what you're feeling. i go to the same extremes. my only advice is to distract yourself if you can?! for me the feeling usually passed eventually. but the waiting is so annoying! hang in there.
    • Posted

thanks for all your advice, anxiety really is a terrible thing although when this happens i dont always feel anxious, its quite scary when u cant take a good breath.
  • Posted

Yeah, I had this problem a few weeks ago which caused my HA to go sky high. I learnt to distract myself from the yawning and breathing problems by not thinking about it. With yawning, I'll suggest trying to hold down the yawn because once you think about yawning, you'll yawn *yawn*
  • Posted

Hi, lynda:  Just practice breathing by taking a deep breath into your lungs through your nose, wait 10 seconds and let it out slowly through your mouth.  Yawning is not a sign of being bored, it is where you are not breathing correctly and are not getting enough oxygen into your lungs.  Breathing the right way makes all the difference in the world with your anxiety problems....hope you feel better, and hope this helps..
  • Posted

Hi i feel exactly the same Lynda, im currently suffering with anxiety but i feel my meds are now kicking in, i do feel better than i did a Month ago although i still feel it, i feel like i need to take a deep breath or yawn quite a lot also, and sometimes the deep breath dont catch it so to speak but does after, its good to know that is prob anxiety related and will pass, just can't wait till it does as it's worrying. stick with it and it'll pass fingers crossed smile

• Posted

I suffer from this LITERALLY everyday as well as chronic nausea. It sucks. If anyone knows how to cure either problem, I'd really appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.