breathless and acid

Posted , 9 users are following.

Please ladies does anyone get breathless and tight chest with acid reflux.

I'm freaking out yet again thinking I'm seriously ill.

Been given lansoprazole but not taken it yet.

Health anxiety is through the roof x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering Michelle.  I can't drink coffee anymore as it makes anxiety worse, can't drink white wine anymore because it is causing acid reflux. I was fine until the menopause grrrr xx

• Posted

I went six months without a period then got one last week.

Been in peri nine years. I should be used to all these horrific symptoms by now.

As you know with peri health anxiety is major.

Been so tired and breathless all week. Wondering if it's cause my cycle changed again.

Thanks for reply x

• Posted

I get the tight chest. I never ever had it until peri. I'm on Lansaparole,think it helps a little but my main horrible problem is Burning mouth syndrome. Also when I am resting any slight noise makes me jump !
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

I'm just going to give lanzaprasole a try.

This is driving me crazy.

My anxiety is through the roof.

I can't cope with this shortness of breath it's freaking me out.

Thanks for reply huns x

• Posted

I also get the burning mouth syndrome on and off.x

• Posted

The burning mouth is awful. My tongue,gums

and my jaw burns. I've also got the jaw tension and buzzing face x

• Posted

I can relate to the jumping out my skin the littlest noise I hear when falling to sleep then my anxiety kicks in and I can't go to sleep
  • Posted

Yes i have had the breathlessness, it seems to come and go xx
    • Posted

I feel for you. I've had it constantly for a week but my stomach is bloated and my acid is playing up.

I've been in peri nine years. Went six months without a period then got one two weeks ago.

I'm tired of being tired and not being able to function.

Hope you have a good day x

• Posted

Dear Michelle

Yes thankfully it is few and far between but like with all these meno symptoms they never quite go awayx

• Posted

I had the same symptoms and was finally diagnosed with gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) . I was put on famotidine 20 mgs and all symptoms have subsided.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for that. I've been given lanxaorasole but didn't take them. Was worried about side effects. I will start them x
    • Posted

Does it take a while for the acid med to work? X
    • Posted

Can I ask how long did the meds l take to work. I've been given lansaprzole . Acid reducer. Heard good and bad stories about them.

I've been taking three days but no relief as yet.

Am I being too impatient x

• Posted

Hi Michelle

The tablets took about 6 weeks to help. Yes I had terrible sore throat with the acid even in my nose.

• Posted

Thanks for reply. I've been on them three days so not being very patient am I?

Another thing I'm getting is like a tight belt feeling under my ribcage as well as the tight chest.

Do you think this is all Gerd related.

Anxiety is very bad last two weeks x

• Posted

Yes i had the tight belt rib cage feel, i have a small hiatas hernia and peri brought on gastitis, gerd etc but i know what u mean about the belt feel x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.