Broke both proximal humeral heads and torn rotator cuff in one traumatic event

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone ever broke both shoulders/humeral heads along with torn rotator cuff all in one event?  It's been three months since it happened to me and well...it has not been pleasant.  I also have Lyme's Disease (18 years) and it is now what is considered late stage chronic Lyme which adds incredible arthritic issues throughout body.  Never post things like this but thought it might help to hear back from anyone who may have been going through this.  

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Greetings Radiator,  I have never heard of anyone that broke both shoulders at the same time!  What a terrible thing to happen to anyone.  You must be very "special" and you have to deal with Lyme Disease too.  How horrible.  I hope that you do hear back from others that have dealt with a similar situation.  I also had never posted anything on this site until earlier this year when at 69 I fell and broke my first bone.  Other's that also experienced a Jones fracture did write back and were a font of information.  Treatments were different as were pain levels and recovery times.  I did learn of great questions to discuss with my orthopedist and things to expect. If there was one thing that I would say is that recovery takes much longer than desired. Be patience and do all the physical therapy religiously.  Best of luck with both the breaks and also dealing with your arthritis.

• Posted

No, sounds dreadful! Ugh! Big hug!

I am sure three months is not long enough for recovery.

So, you were a 007 double whose stunt went terribly wrong.....

• Posted

Haha, Ihavenonickname, excellent reply.  Laughter is best medicine.  My injury was not the result of a 007 stunt double gone awry.  It was a stunt double injury from a Downton Abbey episode.  Seriously, I was fortunate to have gotten one of the top ortohopedists in my area and he told me he never seen such hell in my arms outside of a motor vehicle collision...hardly the comforting words but so it is.  The fortunate thing was that I do not require surgery as the fracvtures are healing.  A long road to endure. Rock and or roll. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.