Broken thumb

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know this is not related but today spent nearly 2 hours at minor injuries dept at local hospital, I have broken the bone at the base of my thumb and forefinger, got to see orthopaedic to see what they will do about it, it's called a Bennett's fracture could mean a op can't do knitting or x stitching, oh well plenty of watching tv lol

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know you are waiting for a date for your hip op, which is 

hard enough, I am so sorry that you have had something else happen

to you.  if you can take any more aggravation at this time

is it worth having a bone density tests?

I assume it hasn't stopped you using your iPad?

sent with special thoughts

• Posted

At least it hasn't stopped me using iPad just grabbing hold of things sees me having a few choice words, I accidentally caught on edge of cupboard as I was getting a jar of sauce, at first it wasn't too bad but the afternoon and evening wore on it got worse so decided to go to minor injuries dept, the bones are fine it just caught on edge of cupboard, oh well I will live another day lol xxx
  • Posted

dear dear Marilyn ...

goodness ..... I am trying to visualize your move and how it happened ... 

are you in pain?  

not realy what you're waiting for , but I have to say, you are having a great attitude about it ..

please take care and be more careful, okay 

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.