Broken toes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Broke all 5 toes on left foot when weight fell on it. Anybody in this forum ever experience that. Info on your surgery & recovery.

Weezer

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Weeze . I hope this is an old pos . Are they on the same leg u had your replacement. I feel.so bad for you. Is this going to be a major setback? My god.Weezer prayers go out to you
    • Posted

Hi elwood,

I'm sorry I scared you! No it's not me. My daughter's boyfriend had this happen to him late last night. He is a personal trainer after his driving day job. I felt so bad & my daughter had a ton of questions. I thought I might try to get some info to ease her mind. She is in grad school in Texas & he's in Baltimore. He cannot text her much cause his phone fell in toilet. He's kinda had a run of bad luck lately.

I'm doing pt 3xs a week & 3 xs a day when not there. I tried to walk a little, 2 steps & severe pain stopped me. I guess slow & steady. Boy! I'm ready to be upright & go.

How have you been? Hows weight bearing going? Must look pretty in upstate ny by now.

Hope your getting out a bit. Let me know what's new.

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer. I have been walking full weight for 5 days and it is not bad in the boot of. course. I go.back.to.dr.on the 2nd and he said might go in sneakers then and start pt ouch. Glad to here you are making great progress. Keep up the good hard work. Remember your.protein lol. Continued healing.to all
    • Posted

Hi elwood, it's amazing what different paths all these doc makes us take. I wish I could walk in boot. I tried, but just to painful. Guess I'm dealing with 2 different surgery recoveries. Never had pt after my 1st so that may be the difference. I think if u can walk in boot, pt shouldn't be too bad. Do u still use ur crutches when walking in boot?

Lots of luck to you at ur next dr apt. I go see doc the day after my bday. Nov. 10. Let me know if the doc tells u that u need special shoes/sneakers.

Stay well & happy healing. Not much protein eating lately. Better get back to it. Thanks for the reminder. Have a good one.

Weezer

• Posted

Hi elwood & mary4013

Just thinking about you both & so wondering how your healing process is going?

I weight bear & pt started to teach me how to use a cane. Slow progress but can't complain. Still have pains with weight & I decided on my own to take my heavy boot off when I sleep. Dr. Apt. Nov. 95th. They will do xrays to see how replacement is healing. Hope you're both well & recovery is getting better.

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezee. I've tryed several times to up date ya on last appointment. Having trouble with sight. I am in sneakers with a lace up brace walking without any aid. Ankle feels great the trouble I'm having is getting up on the ball of foo . Achillies hurts when I try for full range of motion step. Getting better gonna take time I guess. So healing well. Good luck to all on your next appointments. Keep pushing and healing

• Posted

Hi elwood! How wonderful u r in a sneaker. Did u have pt or u do ur own? I see Dr on my bday. Hoping I get to move to sneaker too. Using cane in house. Ankle stuff ( think it's the ligaments, tendons etc that were corrected Idk? Think it's gonna take me a lot longer. But hey, can't compmain....progress is progress. Got my 1st pedicure today. Nice!

Continued healing

Ttyl

Weezer

• Posted

Stiff, not stuff! That auto correct!!!

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer. Wanted to wish u a happy birthday and sure hope all goes well with your next appointment. No pt for me doing it on my own. Ankle feels great just my achillies hurts when I try to get up on the ball of my foot so I have been standing on a step trying to get it loose and more strength. Gonna be slow. Dr said I could start chipping and putting so golf is in my future. Once again happy birthday and good luck. Keep pushing forward and continued healing
    • Posted

Thanks elwood for the bday wishes. Gonna go out with some neighbors for dinner & trivia. The outer side of left ankle really swells after home pt & cane use. Happy to b seeing doc this Wed. To ask why this keeps happening. I ice, elevate & boot on. So we shall see whats up. So happy to hear you're

Getting back on the golf course. What pt type exercises do u do & how often. Did u make them up or doc have you some. Just curious. Sorry your achillues bothers u, but u seem to be working it out. Good luck & continued progress to you!

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer. Good luck today with your appt. Happy Birthday. I hope they give you some good insight as to what is going on with your ankle. Contunued healing to all. Keep pushing
    • Posted

Aw thanks elwood,

I'll let u know how it goes. Just finished morning home pt & my ankle thanked me with stabbing pains! Guess I'm waking things up down there! Have a good day & hope u have no pain from the rain.

Happy healing

Weezer

• Posted

Ps elwood, thanks for not aging me 20 years on my bday wish lol!

Weezer

• Posted

Hi elwood, doc apt went well. Said mechanically I'm healed. The swelling answer is to use compression stockings for awhile. Selling can can be up to 1 year, moving from boot to ankle brace & shie, tried it in pt....wow I'm really sore. My ligaments ; tendons are what are swelling. Ankle joint working well. I got changed to a new pt lady & she does great massages on my ankle after pt. Her goal for me is to walk in bare feet . it will happen but gonna take awhile. Not having it after previous surgery really set me back.

Oh gotta keep pushing to heal.

Thanks for the bday wishes.

Weezer

• Posted

Hi weezer hope I get through this time. That's great news. Really awesome you are in shoes. I had a set back. Monday I got stranded and had to walk a mile and a half my phone was home. By the time I made it home my achillies tendon was killing ankle joint felt great. So I have been in my boot the last two days but I have been walking 1/2 mile in boot the other 2 days and achillies feels better in boot and I can get up on the ball of my foot. So the achillies is going to be my trouble area. I hope everything keeps going well for you. Continued healing and keep pushing on we both will get through this. Talk to you later

• Posted

Oh elwood......NO!!! Oh no, that's terrible. Amazing the ankle joint held up! I am amazed at your strength & tenacity!. Be careful out there. So how long in booty? My ankle swells afterwalking in it. Have to wean off boot. I have ankle brace, compression stocking & sneaker to wear more & more of the time. Pt said boot makes my pain. Gotta get up on top toes too. Good luck to you & take it easy. I walk with a limp right now. Sure hope it goes away. Hows ur walk??

Continued healing to your Achilles & keep in touch.

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer. I'm wearing the boot during my walks now but able to get up on my in it. Walking a half mile a day think I'm going to try to edge it up a little today. Swelling is not bad I'm my ankle but my achillies swells a lot but I'm going to keep pushing. I need new sneakers the ones I'm wearing are wore out. Being outta work hard to justify new sneakers food is more important lol. Glad to here you are getting out and walking that's awesome. I think we are going to be dealing with swelling for a while. Do the compression stockings help? I'm getting ready to get my walk in here in a little bit. Keep pushing on and continued healing. Talk to ya later

• Posted

Hi elwood, hope your walk is uneventful, & swelling isn't to bad. Yesterday I was in my ankle brace all day. Did so much walking around house & then at a memorial service for lost cancer patients(my brother's 1 year passing Nov. 19th) at U Penn. Long day on foot using cane & compression stocking. Hardly any swelling when got home at 9pm! So yes the stocking really did the job. I would recommend one if insurance covers it. They can be costly.

Continued healing & health to you

Weezer

• Posted

Hi Weezer. Glad to here u were on your foot so long with minimal swelling sorry to here of the circumstances though. My sister was diagnosed with ALS a few months back and it is very hard to see her go through this it is also a very very nasty disease. I am going to see if my insurance will cover one they were supposed to give me one but it fell through the cracks. Everything.is costly when it comes to medical aids. My lace up brace was 120 which I think is outrages but they got ya walk was good able to get on toes in boot with no pain so almost ready to try brace and sneakers again. Take care keep pushing we have no choice. Continued healing. Thanks for info on stocking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.