BRONCHIECTASIS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN AZITHROMYCIN 250 MG CAPS, AND I HAVE BEEN BRILIANT SINCE I STARTED THEM THE ONLY THING IS I AM A BIT MORE TIRED THAN USUAL WHICH IS NOTHING I HAVE MY NORMAL BREATHING BACK NO SPUTEM ITS UN BIELEVABLE IAM LIKE I WAS 20 YEARS AGO I CAN EVEN RUN FOR A BUS NOW PLEASE GIVE THIS A TRY, I HAD MILD BUT WIDE SPREAD BRONCHIECTASIS. AND I WAS ON ANTIBIOTICS EVERY 2 TO 3 WEEKS PREVIOUS. THANKS JOHN.[/list][/quote][/i][/b]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dot,

I live in Australia and I just joined this website. Your post sounds very interesting and I would love to know more about the AZITHROMCIN. Is it an antibiotic? 

A year later, is your condition still as good as when you did this post? ie no sputem? 

Regards,

Littlewolf

• Posted

Hi Littlewolf,

Welcome to the forum! I have been on AZITHROMYCIN 250 MG CAPS also, and they are an antibiotic. At the moment I am giving them a rest, but I have them in stock as for my 'bugs' they are effective. A sputum test is always advisable as the bugs can change. I have CARBOCISTIENE to thin the sputum which helps to lift it. Both on perscription. Let me know how you get on...

Blessings,

Lesley

• Posted

Hello Lesley,

Thank you for that feedback- I will see if I can get the Carbocistiene here.

With regard to 'dots'post , I read it as she was taking it all the time and it was making a big difference. I havnt heard back from her as to weather she is still taking it daily, a year on.

Cheers

Littlewolf

• Posted

...just a thought, littlewolf...they can cause tiredness and nausea in some people, so stop them if you have problems...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.