Skip to content

Cephalosporin Antibiotics

Join group Also known as Cefaclor, Cefadroxil, Cefalexin, Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Cefradine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Guest M

Cefalexin

I have been in constant pain while taking this medication. My nose and lips swelled, I was nausiated, my legs and back ache. No bacteria was found in my lab specimen. I called the surgery, but they didn't recommend I stop taking it. I wasn't even given an appointment to see a doctor. I have to

0 replies 0 votes Reply to Guest
  • marareta 2

me and cefalexin

I was pescribed these for a water infection i was given antibiotics for a wound infection to start with and im sure they gave me the water infection. I took my last cefalexin 500mg on saturday and since then i have suffered with stomach pains diorhea feel realy funny crying felling low

0 replies 0 votes Reply to marareta
  • Guest M

cefalexin med

my fourteen month old daughter has been prescribed this medication longterm to treat recurrent uti's and has been on it for a few months now she seems to be more agreeable to this medication rather than trimethoprim which made her miserable and have a constant runny nose? :? although this is a low

0 replies 0 votes Reply to Guest

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Guest M
  • shayla davies 2
  • hayley95289 1

Trimethoprim

Hi, I've had recurring utis for about six months (average 2 times a month). Each case left me in pain and the constant need to urinate and stinging when I did. Trimethoprim I was told would not work when they received the culture so they gave me nitrofurantoin which took the pain away. That was

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • kerrie08362 1
  • Guest M

SIDE EFFECTS OF CEFALEXIN

I was prescribed these tablets Tuesday, 26th August. Overnight, I felt so unwell I could barely walk to work. My whole body ached, I had headaches, felt dizzy (light headed mostly). I had a terrible attack of my diverticulitis (worse of the lot). I was off my food and felt as if the whole world

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

Kidney Infection

I had cystitis for 2 weeks and now the germs have spread into my kidney. I'm taking Keflex but I don't think it's causing any symptoms. I'm on the second day into a weeks course of the antibiotics. My fever seems to come and go and it's not as severe so fingers crossed the medication is

• Guest M

Achy on cefalexin

I have just finished a 1 week (2 tablets a day) course of cefalexin and its been horrid. It cleared up my sore throat well but its not an antibiotic i would like to take again. The whole lower half of my body aches and cramps all the time. Its like being in labour. I have a horrid taste in my

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Only 1 dose of Cefalexin

Proscriped Cefalexin for infected chest and urinary infection. After only 1 dose of 500 mg capsule (taken together with 2 tables of co-codamol) I experienced, nausea, dizziness, headache, tiredness, unable to focus eyes, weakness in arms and legs, tightness of chest and a one time only electric

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Cefalexin

I have been in constant pain while taking this medication. My nose and lips swelled, I was nausiated, my legs and back ache. No bacteria was found in my lab specimen. I called the surgery, but they didn't recommend I stop taking it. I wasn't even given an appointment to see a doctor. I have to

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Cefalexin issues

I just took a 7 day course of Cefalexin for the flu in case I was pregnant (trying at the moment but not pregnant) and on day 7 I still feel like complete and utter last day though. I feel lightheaded all the time, woosy, nauseas like I’m going to faint at all times and absolutely no

• marareta 2

me and cefalexin

I was pescribed these for a water infection i was given antibiotics for a wound infection to start with and im sure they gave me the water infection. I took my last cefalexin 500mg on saturday and since then i have suffered with stomach pains diorhea feel realy funny crying felling low

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

cefalexin med

my fourteen month old daughter has been prescribed this medication longterm to treat recurrent uti's and has been on it for a few months now she seems to be more agreeable to this medication rather than trimethoprim which made her miserable and have a constant runny nose? :? although this is a low

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

CEFALEXIN

For a couple or years ive had quite bad skin problems on my arms chest and back recently ive had quite a few infected spots that haven't seemed to got better without antibiotics i ended up going to my doctors who prescribed me with CEFALEXIN and told me to take 4 tablets (250mg each) a day after my

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

cefalexin

I have just started a course the doctor gave me these incase i'm pregnant so far have noticed lower back pain and done a pregnancy test which read invalid i was in two minds of trying these as the doctor was hurried and i would like to hear of any positive experiences from taking cefalexin and

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Ceflaxin Woes

I am two days in to a 2 week course for a kidney infection, I am very tired, have stomach cramps, projectile diarrhea, dizziness, nausia constantly dehidrated but drinking anything increases the nausia. My partner says my speech is slurred and I have the coordination of a 2 year old. I am back in

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

thrush

Got cefalexin for kidney infection. 250g four times a day. Been on them 4 days now an the first few days were awful. Felt so drained and really depressed. and didnt seem to be working for infection but feelin slightly better today only to of ended up with thrush another side affect. URRRRRRR anyone

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

cefalexin

I am 16 years old and got put on the cefalexin tablets when i was told i had cystitis. I took the tablets as directed but noticed a few days in that i started getting an eggy taste at the back of my throat, this made me feel sick as i avoid egg and do not like the taste or smell of egg, is this

• Guest M

I thought Iwas the only one!

I went to my doctor yesterday with a UTI, also my temperature was slightly up at 100^F. I was prescribed cefalexin (500mg 2 per day for 5 days). Just as other people have commented, these pills were supplied in a plain box with no instructions or info about possible side affects. After a couple of

• Guest M

cefalexin

I've never had any reaction to antibiotics before but since I started taking cefalexin two days ago , I've experienced shivering, extreme joint pains , light headiness ,loss of appetite and total exhaustion , I haven't had the energy to go out of the house. I don't know whether to stop taking them

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

cefalexin side effects

I have been prescribed cefalexin for ear infection, 500mg. Have reduced this to 250mg because of tightness in chest, headaches, breathlessness (i am also asthmatic). Have got no appetite either. Even on half dose I am still having these side effects. Feel like throwing the rest away.

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

awful feelings

i have just been perscribed this drug for chest infection although i told doctor i am allergic to penicillian,ive taken two tablets and seem to be suffering acute anxiety and stomach cramps,feel horrible. :o

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

cefalexin

will never take this medicine again i had a water infection after an operation and was prescribed 500mg cefelaxin i took 2 tablets and i ended up in a&e, my chest was tight, i felt faint, numbness in my legs, felt sick diarhea, my skin turn yellow, at at a&e they told me my liver function

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Cefalexin - not really sure about it...

Went to doc complaining of headaches. Doc advising might be sinus infection and gave cefalexin for the infection and acupan for headaches, also a new nasal spray for the sinuses. Took all three at once in the loo when got back to work. 2 acupan and 1 cefaxlexin. Forty-five mins later, felt

0 replies 0 votes
  • jentojoyce 1

cefalexin

Having had recurring UTI's for 6 years and been given Trimethoprim, which didn't work, and Ciprofloxacin which did work, but I believe is expensive, I'm now on a 6 months 1 a day cephalexin course. I'm not happy about it but couldn't put up with the constant pain that the UTI was causing me.

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • barbara52 1

positive/negative

I have been on cefalexin for two weeks and have two more weeks to go for a chest infection. I have had slight dioreaha but nothing major, also headaches which usually fade with parecetamol. On the plus side the tablets seem to be doing a good job in clearing my chest if the muck that i am getteing

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Cefalexin side effects on me

I was prescribed Cefalexin following the discovery of a UTI after I had undergone a Hysteroscopy and Colposcopy last week, dosage was 500mg 3 times a day for 2 days then 250mg 3 times a day for 5 days. Since I started taking them I have experienced drowsiness, a tight chest and hacking cough and

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

im sleepy

i started taking this tablet 4 days ago for a virul infection, im so tired now keep eyes open during the day but at night im suffering really bad nightmares and terrors and cant else have this? got to persevre i guess as been ill for a well and its better than my virus ...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

side effects

My brother was rushed to hospital in severe pain in his abdomen, it was thought he had appenicitis. He was prescribed cefalexin 500mg and metronidazole 400mg after being kept in hospital and given a ct scan and the usual blood and urine tests. He was put on a drip to get anti biotics into his

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Perscribed for 11 month old son

My 11 month old son was prescribed cefalexin, for ear and chest infection, he only had 2 doses and ended up with projectile vomiting and diarriah, he was also very spaced out and in and out of sleep!! I then contacted the out of hours GP who told me not to give the antibiotic to him any longer but wasn'

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions | Help & Frequently Asked Questions