Skip to content

Scarlet Fever

All discussions in this group

Next
  • dawn 65866 1

Scarlet b Fever

I contracted Scarlet Fever as a child in the 1940s was put in an isolation hospital for over a month , have recently suffered contious coughing past 2 years plus sometimes have difficulty talking xrays found puddles of mucus in my right lung and infectioin in my left lung have had various

0 replies 0 votes
  • c30262 1
  • Sally 66 3
  • VAO 1
  • kate61223 1

Scarlet Fever

My nephews have been diagnosed with Scarlet Fever and I'm due to give birth in 16 days.  Will a blood test indicate whether I've contracted Scarlet Fever?

0 replies 1 vote
  • Guest M
  • Marina Dee 6

Scarlet fever on the increase in schools around here

Scarlet fever ,or Scarlatina as it is sometimes called is affecting many pupils in the schools here in Kent,England. I understand all the country is likely to see occurrences of it in the next few weeks. I have had this when I was 3 and again at 16. At 3 I developed a complication of

0 replies 1 vote
  • barry35426 1

Is it 100 % scarlet fever

My 10 year old was diagnosed with scarlet fever,  all classic symptoms, fever , strawberry tounge, sand paper rash, ect, however after 3 days of antibiotics a throat swab was done by doctor which has come back as normal, could this be that the antibiotics and worked and no longer infected or he has

0 replies 0 votes
  • topnbop 1

fingers peeling

HI, My 8yr old son has been in hospital with scarlet fever recentley (been home 3days). He has just shown me his thumbs n index fingers on both hands and the top of them are without skin! he doesnt know how they have got like this and his right index finger has a big bubble under the skin like its

0 replies 0 votes
  • Hopeyouallfeelbettersoon 1

Scarlet Fever

I found it really useful reading others' descriptions of scarlet fever so am posting mine, especially as it was only reading this site that made me realise what I had - I had been diagnosed first with a viral throat, then tonsillitis but had never heard of that having a rash even though I showed it

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Diagnosed with scarlet Fever

I've been diagnosed with scarlet fever today. 2 days ago I was shivering non stop and couldn't get warm at all. This continued all day yesterday although I bought some Beechams which made me sweat. The sore throat came on yesterday and it was extremely hard to swallow. This morning I woke up

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

scarlatina

my 2 and half year old son developed a pinprick rask all over the front and back of his trunk on a thursday, with a slight temperature, on the friday the doctors said it was viral, there was nothing they could do andf to give him calpol, the saturday morning he woke up with a swollen and puffy face

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Scarlett Fever

I'm 43 years old and have just been diagnosed with scarlet fever. I started with a sore throat with difficulty swallowing. I felt unwell and thought I had strep throat as I had had this under two years ago. GP gave me penicillin. That evening, I noticed my face looked flushed and then discovered a

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Scarlet fever

I am a GP Registrar and I am working in a very busy surgery. I ahve seen a patient with widespread rash 2 weeks ago, she did not have anyother symtoms when came to see me and as generally well, with no temperature. I rang the microbilogy department for advise, thinking it can be Rubella. The

0 replies 0 votes
  • Geraldina 1

HELP - Constant Scarlet Fever Relapses.

My five year old son came down with classic scarlet fever symptoms 23 days ago but was just given cefalexin for six days, as the doctor didn't realise it was scarlet fever and just thought it was a viral rash due to possible urinary sandpaper rash did clear up but came back within a

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Scarlet Fever = HELL

I've got scarlet fever. I'm 11. I've missed 1 test (an English one), I'm missing our class assembly on electricity and I'm going to miss the exam which I have to take to get into high school. Plus I feel awful. I've got a wiered rash all on my body, a nearly completely red tongue & a terribly

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

scarlet fever

My son had scarlet fever when he was 4. I see that the description didn't mention that the \"rash\" will eventually cover most of the body (and I mean EVERYWHERE) and then peel similar to a sunburn. He had only the fever and rash though. No other symptoms and nobody else in the house

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Scarlet fever diagnosis

I am 43 and about 10 days ago developed flu like symptoms. Then a raging tempurature and rash started to cover my body from face downwards. about 3 days after feeling ill I was diagnosed with Scarlet fever. I have never felt so ill and lost half a stone in weight over the week. I have just

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

my 3yr old diagnosed with scarlet fever

my 3 year old daughter was feeling porley sore throat went off her food on friday. saturday nite her throat swelled up she was finding it difficult to swallow water she was dribbling quit a lot she was very hot n high temp then on sunday she had a red rash cum on her neck then hand then it

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

I had scarlet fever

I had scarlet fever in May last year and i went to see my doctor and she gave me penicillin and said it was normally seen in children under 10 and i was 16.. soo she was quite shocked, but after it was starting to go away my skin on my hands started to peal away and it was quite embarassing as i

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

13th day into Scarlet Fever

My 3 and a half year old son started to feel poorly on boxing day. By 7pm he had a temperature and started vomiting. We thought it was the sickness bug that had been doing the rounds over Christmas. He continued vomitting for 2 days and was totally lifeless, sleeping a lot. He couldn't talk

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Scarlet Fever Notifiable Disease

My 4 year old Grand Daughter was diagnosed on Monday in having Scarlet Fever, as soon as I found out I informed the school where she attends nursery. I asked them if they would send out a letter to parents advising them off this and to seek their GPs advice if their children had any of the symptons

0 replies 0 votes
  • Guest M

Scarlet Fever????

Took my 3.5 to doctor today. She has a sandpaper like red pimply rash on her whole back, neck, chest, arms and upper thighs for 2-3 days. Has had a mild fever and had flushed cheeks a few days ago for 2 days. Glands are swollen and tongue is red. Also she has been really naughty and uncooperative

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • littlemo 1
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions | Help & Frequently Asked Questions