Bruises and bleeding On medication for heat failure

Posted , 2 users are following.

6 months ago i suffered heart attack .and in heart failure now.

i get lots of bruises that bleed and the skin breaks .makes in look like sores .was wondering if common and anyone else has  experienced .I am also on 5mg steriods

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes I look like someone beat me with a baseball bat!

They sometimes split open if I bump one...I just carry bandages.

My physicians have all seen them, my grandmother had them.

Long sleeves hide them

• Posted

Thank you ,think it look like a meds problem ,mainly on arms but new ones every day .
    • Posted

Me too, we bruise very easily in the epidermis, the top layer of our skin. Even a wee bump will cause a bruise.

hugs

• Posted

They seam to come with bumps and bleed and my arms seam full of dark bruises ,dont get them much on other parts of trh body
  • Posted

Are you taking blood thinners?  They ae usually precribed after a heart attack and will make you bruise very easily. My sister, who had very severe heart disease, had black abd blue arms all the time.  She found that cutting open vitamin D capsules and rubbing the oil on the bruises helped to some extent.  She also used to cut the feet out of sox and pull the legs up over her arms to protct them.
    • Posted

Thank you ,not on warfrin but asprin ,they bleed a lot and most on arms ,i try using creams to Moisturiser but getting worse
    • Posted

Do try the vitamin D oil from capsules. It helps a lot; and try to protect your arms as much as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.