Bump inside anus:(

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm a 32 year old male, no family history of colon cancer and for I'd say the last 6 months to a year I'd have a little blood on my toilet paper or about 5 months ago a bunch dripped out. Bright red. When I wipe I feel a small bump just inside the anus to the very rear. A little tender to touch but nothing super painful. Ill have a tad bit of pain when going to the bathroom but nothing that's terrible. The lump or bump is very small but just a little tender. My eating habits haven't changed. haven't lost weight, only symptoms are the bump and blood on toilet paper or streaks of red blood on the stool its self.Should I see a gastro dr? Get a cancer test? Or am I freaking out over nothing? sad Please help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm afraid the obvious; go pluck up courage and see your doctor!!!
  • Posted

Scott

Sounds like a simple case of hemorrhoids, they can be inside too. Do see a doctor to make sure but a little Preparation H will do the trick.

• Posted

I have had bowel cancer twice....also an anal fissure and piles....my Consultant said,having been through all this,i know more about bowel cancer etc. than some junior doctors!. One of the first questions your doctor will ask you is what colour the blood is?....if it is a deep dark red colour this would indicate the blood has come from deep within the bowel and could indicate something serious. However in your case the blood is bright red which means it has probably come form just inside the anus and is probably due to piles, which can be injected or surgically treated. The presence of the small bump also indicates piles. Have you any other symptoms i.e. loss of weight, appetite or tiredness. See your family doctor ASAP but i think you`ll be ok.
  • Posted

[u]Definitely[/u] get it checked, but it sounds like something harmless but irritating i had in my thirties. sorry i can't remember the name (wasn't piles) but something like a "sentinel pile". it sounds very similar.
  • Posted

Hi Scott,

What did this end up being. I have similar issue. Persistent itchy anus, and just discovered a small lump on side on anus inside. Please let me know

• Posted

hey there - did you ever find out what it was, and the treatment?
  • Posted

Sounds like a sentinel pile which can be caused by a hair follicle growing inwards and can be very irritating. Could also be a stubborn external pile but definitely get it checked. It's easier for the doctor to look at it than you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.