Bump on vaginal lip, what is it?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I recently discovered a relatively small bump on the very brim of one of my vaginal lips. It resembled a pimple- under the skin, not painful. It's definitely not an ingrown hair. I'm concerned it might be herpes because 3 weeks ago I had my first one night stand and we didn't use a condom (stupid I KNOW). I've looked at pictures though and it doesn't look like them at all, it's one bump, painless, below the surface. But I have experienced slight itching and spotting after my period, not sure if that's normal. What do you guys think?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Might be a ingrown hair. Do you shave or wax down below?

Can also be a cyst, does it hurt?

• Posted

shave, doesn't really look like an ingrown hair but I guess it's possible. Doesn't hurt at all unless I like press on it which I obviously try not to do

• Posted

What is it on the outer lip or inside?

It happens to me a lot because I shave in all directions I've gone to the doctors for it before and they have given me either bacroban ointment or magnisium sulfate amd I've covered it with a dressing till its gone, that is if it's in the outer part of the lip if your not sure and it's still there and painful check it up with the pharmacy or pop in to see a doctor.

• Posted

yeah definitely outter lip, ive just aslo been a little itchy and some discharge so a little nervous. Im also so paranoid about everything
    • Posted

Dont be hun the itching might be a little thrush if you are unsure just speak to the nearest pharmacy or doctor, I've got a very complicated vargina I used to get really scarred but I no longer do just check it out if you itch in and out of the vargina canesten might help that's what I use they sell it over the counter if you take other medications please ask your doctor best of luck if you need anything give me a tinkle x

• Posted

Get it swabbed before It dries. Only time a doctor will be able to tell you if it's herpes it's when there's a lesion. It could be just a cyst. But doesn't hurt to have it swabbed. If it comes back negative then you know you don't have herpes and mind this.. condoms don't protect against herpes. Unless you know the full status of the person you're with and he's taking antiviral medication, a condom will do NOTHING to protect you. Same goes for hpv.

• Posted

I had this once exact same place didnt hurt I thought was ?an ingrown hair and picked at it and when it when I took the skin of it hurt but when it scared over it scanned White and grew back bigger I messed with it for years untill I got pregnant I left it and it went away I believe thinking back now it was a wart, so either a normal wart or one genital wart don't really know if there's a difference between genital warts and a wart that's like a wart on your finger but on your privates ,!

I was sleeping with a dirty man though who I found out at the end was sleeping with two others and God knows how many more 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.