Bumps on Vulva

Posted , 4 users are following.

ince October I have been dealing with these vaginal bumps. They look like white heads. They're filled with pus (usually greenish in color), they pop, and sometimes they go away and other times they remain open and sore then heal up. In october, my gyno swabbed me for herpes, came back negative. Associated it with shaving and put me on antibiotic. It went away. In December I decided to shave with an electric razor and they appeared again, went to my family doctor. She assured me they looked nothing like herpes but clogged hair follicles, and put me on antibiotic again. Went on and did a bloodtest for HSV (for my own anxiety) and it came back negative for gential but positive for HSV1. She said that a lot of people carry it and never show any cold sore symptoms. Stopped shaving, bumps showed up again in mid Jan, went to another gyno since mine retired. He went on and did another swab for HSV, both came back negative. Said I'll probably have to go to a dermatologist. Since mid Jan, I've had either 1 or 2-3 new bumps show up. They range from the size to just a little pin to the size of an eraser. They appear anywhere from the outside where the hair is, to the inside on the labia majora and minora. I just had 2-3 to go away, and now 2 more white heads have popped up on my labia minora.  I don't know if I have some sort of vaginal acne or what. Anybody else have this issue? I'm on birth control and have PCOS. The last gyno I went to diagnosed me with ureaplasma but I took antibiotics for it. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If I didn't know any better I'd say they were herpes. One thing you do not do is pop those things or they spread! It would be a wise idea to keep your hands off of your privates when all this is taking place

• Posted

I've had two swabs done where they have actually popped these zits before for the test. 

• Posted

75% of women have vaginal infection at least once in their lives, while 35% of them have recurrent infections. Vaginitis is one of the most important infections.

I am vaginitis

Inflammation on the back of fungal infections, inflammation on the back of bacterial infections and allergies of the skin in the vaginal area. Information of Awareness of Informatics.There are various types of treatments for vaginitis, including non-prescription treatments. These treatments usually cure minor cases that appear as non-increasing itching and excretion, both from fungal infections and microbial infections. While it is recommended to go to the gynecologist in cases of repeated infections that include unusual mother, such as hemorrhage or fever. Personal kits can also be used to diagnose vaginal infections by simple and rapid examination of vaginal discharge, such as CLO TEST. By using these kits, women can tell if the inflammation is innate or bacterial by changing the color of the kit.The appropriate treatment for bacterial vaginosis is metronidazole or clindamycin in the form of tablets or vaginal suppositories. Fungal infection is usually treated with vaginal ointment and suppositories of Clotrimazole or Miconazole. A more stubborn fungal infection can be treated with fluconazole or Ketoconazole tablets. Sometimes preventive treatment is needed. Trichomoniasis is treated with metronidazole tablets. In the case of Atrophic Vaginitis, treatment with estrogen products of all types: ointments, vaginal suppositories, or systemic treatment with estrogen. The treatment of noninfectious vaginitis includes the avoidance of substances that lead to irritation of the vagina, such as soap, the laundry powder, sanitary pads or cotton caps.Vaginal contamination has been prevented mainly by reducing repeated vaginal lavage (in contrast to the stability of the vaginal spores) and by emphasizing condom use in sexual practice. In order to prevent sexually transmitted infections, milk containing lactobacillus ), And wear underwear made of cotton.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.