Bunion operation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all i had a op on my foot on the 12 dec ... but was rushed back in with major pain as pain killers were sh*t ... was given morphine to take away pain and later discharged ..

Few days later i was badly sick for nearly 12 hours ... that passed and felt alot better ... a few days later i think i pulled a muscle in my leg so was in more pain ... today the pain has got alot better and im walking on my heel and bumping up and down the stairs lile a child lol ... i want to go for a walk as getting fed up with being indoors ... would any of you go out after nearly 3 weeks after your op ... thanks for any info and wish you all a speedy recovery and a healthy new year

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I did but only for a short one my hubby had the car just take it easy.

• Posted

Ive been out out in the car to the supermarket and luckily they had a eletric car for me to use ... gana go for a little walk tomorrow and see how i get on ... thanks
  • Posted

I am dying to go out too! I need to wait for the 3rd Jan and see what the surgeon says!!

if you feel ok and do not make too much pressure on foot go out!!!

• Posted

I no its really frustrating watching everybody doing things ... i feel strong enough now and my arms are so strong now lol ... good luck recoveringsmile

• Posted

I take it you have a darco shoe or something similar to put the weight to your heel? If so you should be fine. At three weeks using my darco and crutch I was out and about meeting friends for coffee and a look around the shops. I wouldn't walk too far (partner would drop off and pick me up in the car) or go anywhere too busy and risk someone bumping the foot, but it's nice to have a change of scenery.

• Posted

Hi . Yes went to the supermarket last week as needed to get my xmas shopping and as much as my lovl

Ely famipy have done everything it was much needed ... went to a big supermarket and they had eletric car for me to use which was super fun lol ... but really need to have a walk to i can start to get back on track smile.

• Posted

At three weeks I could only go out for short periods (an hour max) because I was mainly bed ridden so long I would get tired and the blood running down my foot would hurt badly. Just make sure you take it easy and don't overdo it if you do you will know immediately. Even if you just go outside your house into the fresh air it helps it can be depressing staying inside I wish you the best of recovery!

• Posted

Yes the blood feeling as nearly gone now thankgodness ... will have a little walk tomorrow as havent had the stenght .. thank you .
  • Posted

I went out but not on my usual hike around the neighborhood.  I wouldn't go far if I were you. Pain can come back with a vengeance. Don't over do it. I got cabin fever too but pain is worse.  Happy hiking. Lol  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.