Bunion scar how do I clean it

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, 3 weeks post bunion sugery had my stitches removed 2 days ago my consultant said to massage bio oil on top of my foot and around my scar, but it's really sore where my skin has peeled on top of my foot and the bio oil stings a bit any thing else I could use that maybe won't sting the skin it looks burnt like shiny. Any advice be great also best way to clean my scar there still looks like a bit of black scabbing and little holes where the stitches were, they were dissolvable but some needed to be removed as they hadn't dissolved. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cindy x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I used e45 on mine and still am 

mine only lost its scab after about 6 weeks and it also was black

use a cotton pad or flannel to gently clean and pat it dry then use the e 45

i only got mine wet after about 4 weeks and then only briefly put a sock over it while you have a shower stops it getting so wet 

I am 9 weeks post op and am walking about most of the time and was driving after 7 weeks but still put my feet uwhenever I sit for a while and usually all evening 

hope this helps

jane

• Posted

Hi Jane,

i seem to to have a problem sending my long replies do you have an email address we could chat on? Angel hugs xx

• Posted

I use coconut oil on my scars, be gentle as you're only 3 weeks post op. I wouldn't disturb any scabs, let them come off in their own time, one of mine took 6 weeks to heal as it was deep. I'm now 12 weeks post op bilateral scarf and akin, one of my long scars has faded and is near invisible whereas the other one is still slightly raised and red. Good luck with your recovery.

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I have tried to reply to you it keeps throwing me out lol I just typed a long message to you too! Do you have an email address I could chat with you on? Angel hugs xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.