Bunion surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, I had Bunion surgery on my left foot 20 wks ago and still in quite a bit of pain, and  the joint is still very stiff and I have difficulty walking. I had the Bunion shaved and the big toe realigned and three toes fused, those three toes are no problem, I did have a staple put in also. I have no appointments at the Hospital to go back again, so is this it and I just have to get on with it, or shall I see my Doctor, I'm not one for making a fuss. I just want to know if this is normal for this type of surgery. Many thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had a bunion op shaved and pinned on left foot six and half weeks ago

Hardly any pain just throbs towards the end of day

I would say if you are not happy def go back to the doctor and get their opinion

Sorry I can't be of more help

• Posted

I had my surgery on nov10 and Jan I felt really good with my foot not much pain at all but still some swelling on side of big toe. Then l tripped fell hurt my toes foot so kind of like starting over recovery is long don't over do and be careful all the best

• Posted

Hi, I had bone fusion, bunion correction and hammer toe correction oct 2016 and then had to go back again at the end of Ict because the fusion didn't take. I had casts on till december then was released to start weight bearing. For the first two weeks I couldn't do it, then slowly darted with two crutches, that lasted for about two weeks. At end of day I went back on the scooter because foot hurt. I then went diwn to one crutch and then a cane. Foot really swells allot. Am slowly walking without anything but foot stays swollen. Have not been able to wear shoe yet just sipper. But am getting there...

• Posted

It takes forever i was told 6 to 8 weeks but longer then that the pain I can take am tired of not being able to do what l would like to do a little walk with out pain or limping
    • Posted

I've been weight bearing about 8 weeks but it's a day by day situations. I've kinda kept a diary of the whole thing just to keep my sanity. I've never been down this long..

• Posted

Hi, thank you for reply, you mention weight bearing exocises so do other ladies, what do you mean as I've not been told to do anything!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.