Bunionectomy 10 weeks ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm now 10 weeks post op and I have two lumps on my big toe and can clearly feel the pin,I'm in pain was wondering if anyone else has experienced this,any advice greatly appreciated

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your surgeon and tell him what's wrong
    • Posted

I went back yesterday and apparently it's scarring but he didn't do an x ray to make sure
  • Posted

But you are in pain and need to make sure he or she investigates it further , if it's still painful after another week make another appointment and get it sorted out .

If it's scar tissue it should respond to massaging with oil regularly .

Remember he is not in pain you are !

• Posted

Hi, I sort of had this as well although my pins I had during my bunion surgery were put in my mid foot for my joins to heal. I could clearly feel them and still can and I'm 8 months post op. 10 weeks post op I was still in a lot of pain as well because it is such a severe surgery that they do on you that it does take quite a while to heal I believe. If it continues however I would definitely go back to your doctor and demand x-rays be taken.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.