Burning chest

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last 2 days I've been feeling a horrible burning feeling in my chest. Like yesterday it had started in the evening making me have a panic attack and it reached it's peak and then the burning feeling went away. Today it has started a little while after I got home about half hour ago. It's a horrible intense burning feeling. Anyone else get this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I get this ALOT. Been to ER several times because thought it was my heart. Keep being told it's anxiety or could be acid reflux (even though I don't have heartburn ). I get terrible anxiety because of it and just wish the Dr's could/would take the time to figure out what it is. I think I'd feel soo much better if I could find out what it was and get it treated.
  • Posted

Yeah, I get this in my chest, throat, neck, shoulders and legs normally. Horrible sensation. It can be acid reflux if it's your chest or throat but either way, it's all down to anxiety. Try not to panic when it happens and maybe treat it with heartburn meds or something?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.