Burning in hip

Posted , 8 users are following.

My brother is on day 3 and in hospital, but is describing a burning pain in his hip, he is also very hot (but it is boiling in the ward) has anyone else had this? Do we need to be worried? Thank you hippies !

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's probably nerve pain he is feeling, I take Tramadol for that. Hopefully that feeling will subside with time...
    • Posted

I told them this, and they swtiched him to tramadol thank you Loral. I think it helped out as he was ejected six hours later! 
  • Posted

Hi Rose

Perfect place to ask the medical staff. Have to say first week is dreadful but gets better in leaps and bounds after that

Hope all is ok

Kate x

• Posted

I am afraid the nurses were too busy and the doctor took most of the day to come and visit. It is not easy to be heard in a frantic London hospital sadly, but we got here in the end! Thanks for your post.
  • Posted

I found it very hot in hospital, thankfully packed long and short pyjamas - and never used the long ones.   Threw the duvet off, and used a light blanket.

Regards

Graham

• Posted

It is stifling! Have adjusted my hospital bag accoringly. How are you feeling today? 
  • Posted

It is so hot in the hospital, luckily my friend had warned me and I took summer pyjamas and shorts to wear during the day. I had a groin pain, in fact I have had a few pains, nothing specific or needing extra medication. I have even had a pain in my good leg! Best wishes, plenty of rest. Tony
    • Posted

It was so baking! Not good for the spread of germs but at least no one is freezing to death in the ward! smile
  • Posted

Has this been brought to the attention of the nursing staff?  If not, I suggest that it is, as he may have an infection.  It could however, be a reaction to the surgery. All sorts of nerves are involved in this, so that may be what he is feeling.  Best to have it properly checked out, though. 

Better safe than sorry

• Posted

It is London. It is winter. The nurses were really under pressure. Better to post something on the forum. You get a quicker response! 

• Posted

Hi Rose

I was burning up in the hospital and afterwards not because of the heat, but because of the healing. My temperature was up a little, but not a lot. And it I touched around the incision it was so much hotter than the surrounding skin. I've had 2 knee replacements and had that both times with those too. I'm a little surprised that everyone hasn't chimed in saying they had the same thing.

The staff will keep an eye on his temperature for infection. Otherwise it's one of the strange but normal things that happen after the replacement.

How are you going Rose? Having your brother do this so close to yours could be stressful.

Keena

• Posted

Thanks Kikeena, it was the same thing as you. He does not have an infection, just burning up. Even with this they still discharged him. How he got home is beyond all of us, but he did manage to get some sleep last night without the constant interruptions and beeping and groaning and general comotion. So I think he is in the best place!

Thank you for your post, I was really relieved to read them, as at the time we could not find a nurse or dr! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.