Burning red spots on my legs - plz help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been experiencing some skin problems on my thighs - big, dry, red - burning areas of rash - lasting for about 4 weeks now. It's not really spreading - but really painful - if scratched blisters and burns just like a moscato bite. Any help would b appreciated, thx!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This sounds a bit odd, but try using the inside of a banana peel....a ripe one (yellow with some black spots...not green).  Peel the banana..use the inside of the banana peel and rub on your skin gently until the banana peel turns blackish a nd move on to another section of the peel.  Banana peel has a lot of benefits and helps with burns, mosquito bites, itchiness, redness, scarring, pimples, etc.  It may help...I used it on my dermatitis and it seemed to do the trick.  I also used it when I burned my face with a chemical....it in fact burned when I rubbed it on and I wasn't sure if I should wash it off...but after a couple minutes the burning stopped.  You should leave it on for as long as you can....even overnight.  Hopefully that helps.   I would then maybe put coconut oil on it, as it has healing properties in it as well and is soothing. 
  • Posted

Oh, Karl, that sounds awful! sad

Eczema is called the "itch that rashes" and not the other way around because it starts as that burning sensation and when you scratch, you get the rash. It's good that it's not spreading...but you'll probably need a doctor/dermatologist to prescribe something to get rid of it.

Before you do, use the search function on this site for "DH". It's a certain skin rash that also blisters as you've described but it's not eczema, it's Coeliac-related. If you look at the leaflet, it shows what the rash could look like.

Try to keep your whole body cool and especially the area of the rash. I don't want to recommend anything to treat the rash, as I don't know exactly what it is and may not give the right advice. Good Luck!

• Posted

Thank you for ur time and advice. I looked up the DH and my rash doesn't look like that. It resembles more - candidiasis of the skin (but also blisters when scratches. And is as u sad really sensitive to hot water.
  • Posted

andrea's idea of a banana peel is intriguing...I have some that will be perfect tomorrow or Sunday and I may try on part of my son's eczema. (My husband doesn't like any part of coconut so we stay away from the oil, but that's interesting, too)

I'm so glad it's not DH in your case! (for my son that would be ideal since he has CD and we'd be fixed up from his strictly GF diet)  For relief you may even want to try dampened cotton fabric or gauze on one leg and see if it helps versus the other without. You will still need to see a dr. to get the right medicine, most likely.

• Posted

I like to try anything natural out there.  I have went to a number of dermatologists, allergists, etc.  they all diagnosed me with something different (excema, rosacea, dermatitis)...all of them told me I would need laser therapy for the scarring it was causing on my face and that I was just going to have to deal with it for the rest of my life. I was in a very bad place.  Oh and let's not forget the pricey medicines that did nothing or made it worse.  So for the past year I have literally tried every natural remedy out there.  And my face is perfect now and has absolutely no scarring.  I feel like a new person.  If you don't like coconut oil, I would maybe try castor oil...it helps a number of things and I use it everyday..I love it. I also put olive oil mixed with water on my face....that is all I use as a moisturizer and as a make up remover.  My face never breaks out now. Except I recently realized I'm allergic to flouride or a whitening agent in toothpaste and was getting perioral dermatitis all around my mouth for a few months and couldn't figure out why.  I used the banana on that and it cleared it up. Also...I cut out sugar and dairy for the most part...which sucks...but I prefer nice skin over a cookie.  And I cut out gluten for a year and put it back in and it doesn't affect me now. I think it reset things. Most skin ailments have to do with what's going on inside.  My tummy feels better and my skin shows it as well. smile

oh and another thought.....get an anti dandruff shampoo and use it as a bubble bath....it has anti fungal properties in it...that helped things for me that were on my arms and stopped me from itching....and also my face when I would have bumps and dry patches....clears up quickly. 

I'm just offering the many many things I've tried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.