Burning sensation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone it's been about 8 weeks since my hip replacement and I'm doing well and feel so much better then before but sometimes when I walk I get a burning sensation on my wound and that area does anyone else get this? Is it normal it can be painful and it doesn't happen all the time just sometimes

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I'm 11 weeks post bilateral THR and I get the same when walking too far or sitting too long.

I think it's normal and just a sign you've overdone it.

Mentioned it to a Physio yesterday and she reassured me saying it's still early days for healing. She told me to adjust me levels do if 20 minutes of walking results in more pain reduce it to 15 minutes next time.,

Best wishes,

Sheila

• Posted

Hi Jessicaoxo, yes I too get the same burning sensation around the wound area. I have put it down to over doing it. Slow and steady is the key. Take care and hope your recovery is a good one.
  • Posted

hi jessica, 

have tried massaging the area - gently of course - a lot of repair taking place - I am many moons longer post-op than you and still feel the zippers at times - 

how are you getting on otherwise?

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.