Burning sensation in my arms on amitriptyline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone felt like this while on amitriptyline I'm on 10mg a day been on it 1 month and half I may stick with it but I've been thinking of trying something else but I have nerve pain

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I take 75mg for nerve and tendon pain and it is working I have been on the drug for over ten years. I take it for a Chronic Disability and any side effects have not bothered me in the past

The dose you are on at this time is very low, The drug does work give it time

• Posted

If you don't mind me asking do you of anyone else reading this find it makes them constipated please?

• Posted

Constipation can occur with some meds. - it's codeine with me - but if this has become a problem for you try using Dulcoease which you can buy in any Chemist or big supermarkets. It is very gentle and very effective. I have one in the morning and one evening and find it excellent. I was only on Amitriptyline for a short time and had to stop taking it because of a rare side effect so cannot remember whether it triggered constipation or not. Maybe others will post with their experiences in this line but hope the above might be helpful to you.

• Posted

Hi, you are on very low dose at 10mg a day and I am just wondering if it is now helping with your nerve pain at all? If it isn't I would go back and see your Doctor to see if there is an alternative for you. There are other meds that help with nerve pain (I am on Pregablin for neuropathic pain) but I have to tell you there are always side effects whatever you take. Bear this in mind and ask your GP for more information on any drug prescribed before taking it. Let us know how you get on. I wish you pain-free soon

• Posted

I have tried several so far I have tried Lyrica an Topamax, oxcabazpine right now I'm getting some pain but it isn't terrible I may need to go up on dose

• Posted

It is worth trying a higher dose of Amitriptyline and seeing if the burning sensation in your arms stays the same or even in time goes away. As you have tried other meds it is difficult to know what other direction you can go. Side effects do lessen in time as your body gets used to the medication and I agree with borderriever that you should give it time. Discuss it with your GP.
    • Posted

I figured that it is bothering me some what it's weird burning sensation in my arms it socks sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.