burning toes and feet

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone Does anyone know what these symptoms mean i have been diagnosed with sciatica OA and restless legs syndrome the burning gets so bad at times  and makes me feel so desperate i am waiting for an appointment with a neurologist late november but the symptoms are getting worse   thanks   sandra

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra,

Sciatica is not a diagnosis but rather a symptom root cause being anything from a ruptured intervertebral disc,nerve impingment,facet joint syndrom,trigger points i the gluteal musculature,sacroiliac joint disfunction etc.

The burning sensation and restless legs suggjests nerve irritation,first thing that comes to mind is magnesium deficiency.Calciun powers nerve conductability but only in coop. with magnesium.Are the symptoms aggrevated at night?Some studies have shown that strenious exercise,advancing age can cause up to 80%magnesium deficiency in some populations.

• Posted

Having sufffered with sciatica and rlg syndrome supposedly as symptoms for me started in twenties occasionally to fully in all limbs I now query diagnoses . I feel Sciatca is usually deep soarness and twingy pain .Recently terrible blow tourch pain in feet and sharp pains too. This pain makes me hobble and walking worsens pain the worst soarness of feet I have expereinced .Wish you knowledge and be brave to ask a lot of questions til you have answers. Neurological pain is waste . I hope you have more success a lot quicker than I have. Rest Leg Syndrome is not recognised by all I understand . Hence then why does it involve arms. You may have it only in one place and come to a good end . Keep going ask for help if disrupting your life.
  • Posted

I mean neurology is vast . ps sorry about mistakes - part of my symptoms .
  • Posted

I suffer from RLSand have really bad bouts about 3 times a week. Before the on set I have itchy burning feet and knees, 'fuzzy' mind being unable to concentrate and hunger feelings. I hve to stand on cold floors to get some relief. I take 3 mg of Ropinerole a day. Don't know if anyone else experiences these symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.