Bursitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Exactly a year post the of left hip. All great except it is still painful to sleep on op side. At 6 months review consultant said nonchalantly oh that's a bit of bursitis. But it hasn't gone away. I'm worried that when I get second hip done I will be unable to sleep on either side. Any advice please.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am also 1year on with same problem very sore when i walk about 50 m have gone back to my consultant 3weeks ago and gave me injection to help discomfort have to go back in 12 weeks if it is still there going to give me Mri, so  should not have to live with it I would have it checked go to GP and get referred for advice it appears it does not go away on its own.  Mine is still very much there.

i wish you well.

Lorna 

• Posted

Thanks Lorna. Fortunately for me it only annoys me in bed. I'm going to try heat as suggested.

• Posted

hello attractac --

so sorry to see you back here ... just kidding .... no, not really - not a good sign huh ?

Same with me - trochanteric bursitis in left, old, new hip - Surgeon didn't want to give me injection yet - something about infection - aready had 2nd THR - 

it sucks and I was told that there is not much we can do about it - except rest and staying active ???   according to my PT, Bursitis is a nightmare ... she tried to use TENS machine but didn't help - 

I am afraid of those injections , to be honest - 

when is your 2nd THR scheduled for? 

On a good note, it becomes less painful with time - you can put ice on it, I prefer heat --

ahhhhh - this journey has many twists and turns 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Thank fully Renee apart from above all going well. Consultant said in November that he would see me re second hip. In 18 months. it is not giving me too much pain , I can walk a mile before it gets painful so I'm in no rush . As you said a lot if twists with this op that we are not made aware of. I hope you are fully mobile now after second thr.. r

• Posted

I'm almost 14 months post op and I can't sleep on either side for more than 10 minutes, I have bursitis flare ups... Considering a shot, that is all my surgeon recommended and ibupropen....a heating pad helps.

• Posted

Thanks loral.. l only feel it while trying to sleep on it. I have electric blanket so will try putting this o for a while while I trying y

to stay on left side.

• Posted

I had pre op bursitis, v painful. Physio suggested ice pack for 10 mins which really did the trick for me. Good luck hope it improves for yousmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.