But the drugs help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffer from acute anxiety, severe depression and PT.S.D. I found that taking speed made me happy and able to get everything done i.e. flat is spotless and I cleaned my friends flat when he was unwell and cooked a meal.

Then I take a morphine pill  which makes me feel warm and safe (a feeling I so rarely have had in my life).

I take Citolapram for depression, propanolol + Pregabalin for panic, Zopiclone for P.T.S.D. to sleep or I will be up all night remembering.

I can't stop the speed. I love it. When I worked in a charity shop a customer said I made her laugh and my colleagues would text me if I missed a shift asking if I was ok.  

I asked my doctor for Dexedrine. She said no way and now it has been banned in the UK. I said to her "but it makes me happy".

They used to prescribe it for depression as it lifts your spirits.

Any suggestions?

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yikes.  You are brainwashed within yourself that these drugs are doing all this for you...just like I was brainwashed by alcohol.

The drugs just cover up our feelings but what else they do...is affect the organs in your body.  Your kidneys and liver are not as happy as you are trust me and the older you get...the more unhappy they become (because there is a general deteiroration of our organs as we age anyhow).

I KNOW you think they help...but they are NOT helping...you they are harming you. I'm sad to think that what it is going to take for you to believe that is a routine blood test at the Dr...and blood results being out of WHACK.

Why did they stop prescribing that medication?  If it used to be a prescripition what negative consequence for as to why they stopped prescribing it.

You (don't take this wrong) are not ready to see whats happening to your body...maybe your young.  But what I said don't take wrong is...maybe you are looking for someone to say...well speeds not that bad? Or yes, your right...the drugs you take aren't harmful because they have been prescribed?

The Citalopram (I love) and is prescribed to me...because it is determined safe for our bodies and I have also been prescribed that Propanol...but I don't take it.

From my heavy drinking for years...my organs have started to be affected and it shows during blood work.  Drugs work much quicker at damaging organs.....something to plant in the back of your mind....for when you are ready to accept what you are doing is unhealthy for you.

• Posted

Hello Missy

I don't get prescribed speed. I buy it online. As for alcohol I hate it and haven't drank for over 15 years.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard alcohol is the worst drug and destroys every organ. I hope you have stopped. How long has it been?

One night I was really angst and I mean angst. I drank some liquid morphine and was calm and happy all evening and was doing housework, then went on my lap top.

Propanolol is ok to take for panic. I am also on Citolapram.

Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

I have about 1.5 months sober from alcohol.

The drugs you are using are dangerous (morphine) and can affect your liver and kidneys.

We have to learn how to live without substances...then eventually we learn how to deal with things such as housework and emotion.

I wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.