BV IS RUINING MY LIFE!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Trying to stay positive that one day , I will be fully cured of BV. It is RUINING my life. I find myself disgusting. I'm only 21. I was diagnosed with BV when i was 18. It is also the same age I first had sex. We only used a condom, I realized later that condoms would activate the itchiness for me, also Masturbating, and even sex alone. I stopped wearing protection. My life has been a wreck. The symptoms go away for a while, then right when i think im cured, I get this itch! And then the smell follows. I keep my legs closed tight in fear someone will smell me. I try sleeping without underwear, using cotton underwear, and it still comes back. I hate myself. I wish i was normal with a normal vagina! I dread having sex because im afraid the symptoms will come back. Im tired of going to the doctor what it seems like every month JUST to get a pill that only works for a few weeks. Everytime i use the bathroom i look at my underwear in fear that there's going to be a weird discharge. Constantly smelling the tissue. It has scared me to the point where i have chosen to be celibate, JUST to avoid everything! I wont masturbate! I wont involve myself with any man! Im just so tired of this 😓😓

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am wondering what kind of pill they give you? Usually you get the one-dose pill for yeast infections, not for BV. For BV you usually get metrogel which comes with five applicators for five days of nightly insertion of the gel. Do you know what kind of pill it is that they keep giving you?
    • Posted

My doctor prescribed me METRONIDAZOLE 500 MG TABLETS, and I have to take 1 Tablet 3 times a day for 10 days! 😩😔

Most disgusting pill ever! Its already enough I struggle taking pills, its huge n just nasty, makes u want to vomit. The first three days taking them, i felt nauseous and had diarrhea the first day. Im on day 5 and I feel like my symptoms are already cleared up 🙂 But who knows how long that'll last 😔

• Posted

This is happening to me right now I have noticed a very offensive smell happening can smell it through leggins and pjs even if I wash first thing and last thing of the day! Getting me down I went drs for first time last week she looked said every think seemed fine and that there was no discharge or smell there wasn't that day dos Id took shower 5 mins b4 appointment as I felt ashamed , however the itching around the opening of the vagina was intense but it come ️️an go then I started spottong blood I then came on a heavy period and it all seemed to clear up so I was happy at that but two days after period ended o had sex with partner and it's back I was feeling the itch again the more discharge the smell I am not going no the drs again once was bad enough! So I bought the canestest for bv said it's easy to use took this today and it went a funny colour with blood present on the instructions it says if blood ends up on the swab discard ️️an go gp for heavens sake is nothing straight forward so I have to get it out again im 28 had a baby 2 years ago ️️an all this has flured up since when I have sex it's worse I just want the smell ️️️an constant wetness feeling to be gone , I'm also wondering why im bleeding inbetween periods well this period anyway thanks for your post
  • Posted

Have you tired boric acid vaginally? It hasn't cured it for me but it has gotten rid of most of the odor and itchiness. I completely understand your frustration. You aren't alone, hang in there sad
  • Posted

It's bloody awful! I have suffered with it on and off for 10 years. I go months with no symptoms then wake up one day and it's back. I use balance activ and it does seem to work for so long, but not even antibiotics see it off for good, and the side effects of metronidazole are just awful.

It is ruining my sex life and confidence. I shower twice a day (which I know doesn't help) to get rid of the smell but I'm still not confident enough to have sex even right after a shower.

I hope you get a solution for it soon, and when you do please share with me...I'm willing to have a try of anything to get rid of it!!

• Posted

I hope to god I can get it sorted out ️️an don't suffer for ages I have noticed funny discharge a while on and off since having baby and the smell getting a bit worse but this itching ️️an spottong blood is new looked in mirror this morning with torch and the was like a nodules of skin quite red not sore tho any one have this the doctor said last week it was of using shower fell directly there but I do t know I feel there's much more as im bleeding up there while not on a period it's strange does anyone look odd down there with bv like lumps nodules off colour skin ect im so worried at the min thinking cancer ️️an everything due smear but terrified tbh
    • Posted

I actually have this same things going on. I actually went to the doctors today and she said I was very irritated from itching and she actually did a swab for herpes. I haven't had a partner in almost two years. But actually looking at it when I got home I'm extremely worried now. I've had issues with BV on and off for years. I literally feel like I'm always at the gyno. I honestly didn't even know you could have itching from a bacterial infection!
    • Posted

Well alls I can say is I hope mines not ️️an sti or am in massive trouble as I've had a baby ️️an every think I thought they checked you for stds when pregnant??

Does this mean my baby would be infected but I had a c section so he didn't come vaginal? Is that how it's passed, walkin the subject of bv as you all know I used the canes balance for 7 days straight awah the smell had gone ️️an it worked took last one Friday night had sex Saturday night ️️an today Monday the smell is back wth ?? I can not get my head around it staring to think men can actually have bv which would be called bacterial penisnosis lol, I have t used soap or shower gels down there I've stoped the douching with the shower end soons I stoped the gels ️️an had sex it's back also he came up me maybe that is the reason? Fed up of this never ending thing 🙈

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.