Bye Bye Venlafaxine 😊 good riddance. .

Posted , 4 users are following.

After being on ven for 5months 225mg, going down to 75mg in the past week iv had the go ahead to start citrolpram at last so hopefully tomorrow or Friday depending on my prescription being ready.. thanks all for your support it helped so much 😊 xx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon

Let me know how you get on, I think I'll have to tell my doc I need to come off Venalfaxine. I was on Citrolopram for while, not sure why I come off it. Anyway good luck xx

• Posted

Hi Neil if your not happy come off it ..I feel iv lost almost a year of my life on these 2 drugs . Don't put up with the side effects because I don't believe they will ever let up. Your ment to feel better not low & ill . ..thanku I will & you too ?? xx

• Posted

Hi Sharon

Sorry to ask but do also suffer from Anxiety. I've had this for years and nothing seems to help, in fact it's gotten worse. I was 37 professional working for a nations largest bank dealing with millions of pounds of investments. I'm good looking 6ft tall blonde hair blue eyes and had bags of confidence. I don't know what happened, my confidence went I got more depressed I had to quit my job, I put nearly 2stone and the meds are not working.

I've got an app with my shrink on the 17th and I don't know what to say.

Thanks

Neil xxx

• Posted

Hey again Neil....I am sorry the meds are not working for you.  I had acute anxiety and the 225 mgs. of Venlafaxine helped me tremendously!!  I have no side effects except for the extreme sweating which I hate.  Maybe you have to up our mgs.
    • Posted

Hi Neil .. yes I do some days worse than other ..I had a panic attack last week that's 2 now since iv been on mirt & ven before then it was over 3years ago.. I was on sirtraline before those meds I'd say I had a better life on that without a doubt. I don't leave the house unless it's an absolute must. My social life is my daughter coming to see me & chatting on here. I worked from the age of 12 until a year ago not a job like yours bt it was work. Your illness is definitely caused by stress isn't it ..my sister ex husband was in the same work as you & the same happened to him, I dnt no if he had meds I think he did tho..but he ended up just delivering the local papers ..& he's happy. You should come off this now it's not gona work for u Neil ..Iv been on it this long living in hope too.. ask your pdr about sirtraline or citrolpram same family of meds..there's no weight gain that I no of..or I didn't have any side effects either totally different med to this 1. Good luck Neil keep me posted ?? xxx

• Posted

Hi again Sharon.  I just asked someone else in this forum if they think I could try another anti-depressant instead of Venlafaxine so that I would not have those horrible withdrawal symptoms....I want to get off of Ven because of the constant sweating and I heard that other anti-depressants do not make you sweat...What is citrolpram? 
    • Posted

I took Citrolopram for years, they worked really well and had no side effects. They just stopped working for some reason, think I built up a tolerance to them.

Thanks

Neil xx

• Posted

Oh....so you were not on Venlafaxine or were you??  I know nothing about Citrolopram...Did you switch to Ven because the Citro stopped working?  Is that what happened???
    • Posted

Hi Jacqueline it's an AD but a different type to what we.ve been on. Iv been on sirtraline which is the samended family..I had no side effects on that apart from yawning ..I most certainly had a better way of life.. I cnt wait to start it. Iv come off ven pretty easy .. 225mg down to 75mg over night . Yes u get headaches & jaw clenching the odd sweats but it's all worth it..I'm feeling better tonight I'm not taking 1 tonight or tomorrow night then Friday night I will start the cit ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.