C5/C6

Posted , 2 users are following.

what are people experiences with herniated disc c5/c6. What treatments were offered. Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have this and a bone spur . I have lots of issues with my Lower bck so once that's been operated on then tbe necks the next thing. U may be offered a cortisone injection first . Discuss with yr consultant.depends on how much an impact it's having on yr life as to what u might need done .

• Posted

I've had physiotherapy and that didn't help,I had a cortisone injection about 8 weeks ago....OMG I'll never have another one,the headache after still hasn't gone. My consultant said he wouldn't do surgery,but the symptoms are becoming harder to live with

• Posted

He said the disc bulge at c5/c6 isn't bad enough,the amount ofpain is getting ridiculous,my headache starts behind my right ear and goes up over my head and round into my temples,I get tingling in right side of face,my eye feels droopy at times,my neck is stiff and painful and the sharp nipping sensation when I move is nasty,I have recently started to get numb right arm when in certain positions,and I have a ball of hot pain behind my right shoulder blade,I swear he thinks I'm over reacting but this is starting to make me depressed 

• Posted

Then seek a second opinion, he's not the one living with it. My consultant is a private one at at private hospital, paid for via the nhs . U have that option and right to be seen where u want.

• Posted

I see him again in the 28th of this month,if I'm still not satisfied I will take your advice.thanks so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.