Calf cramps-post op Achilles surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 weeks post op Achilles total reconstruction. Had anyone experienced cramping in their calf as if the muscle crawling????

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No I haven't and that doesn't sound like much fun either. I have had a burning like sensation some days but that's about it. I am 6 weeks today.

• Posted

Thanks for responding. Have you re-gained total feeling back in your foot?
    • Posted

Yes feeling in the foot is all good and good movement too. The burning sensation is more from being up and about on it I think.
    • Posted

How long did it take for u to regain complete feeling in your foot???
  • Posted

Yes I have. I am 18 weeks post op this week. I get it especially after stretching my calves during p/t or during the night following p/t. It is grueling and this recovery isn't something I would wish one anyone...

• Posted

I totally agree..this is worse than when I tore my ACL...geesh. How long did it take for you to regain total feeling in your foot?? Oh thanks for responding smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.