Calmer in the evening?

Posted , 30 users are following.

I always feel 10 times better at night, not back to normal but a lot more able to look at things more positively... Sometimes I stay up so late because I like feeling like this and I know that in the morning bam! The depression and anxiety hits me full force and most of my day is a struggle does anybody else feel at ease in the evening? Sometimes I naively think that this feeling is going to carry on to the next day and I start to make plans of things I'm going to do the next day only when the time comes I'm unable to do anything. It wish it could be night time all day and every day 

7 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi jen yes have felt like that u lie in bed and think right im going to get things sorted that u have ignored then next day u dont want to do anything just sit there on the compluer drinking coffee! i have come out of it a alot i thought in the end enuffs enuffs and hit rock bottom, it will pass hang in there keep that black dog away and tame him ..x
  • Posted

On a very clinical level, yes, serious depression is typically worse in the morning and improves as the day goes on. Practically it can be helpful to structure your day around this if you can, eg scheduling something important in the afternoon rather than the morning (again, if you can, because in the real world you can't always do that). Try not to beat yourself up about not getting things done in the morning, that's just the way things are at the moment. It won't always be like that, you will feel better eventually. Best wishes, JO
  • Posted

I always thought it was just me who felt awful in the morning and pretty happy in the late day and evening.  I guess it's a symptom of depression and mirtazapine seems to be helping.   However I just leaned that I have critical medical problems so this condition weighs heavily  on me.  I'll just have to take it day by day with God's help.
  • Posted

It seems like this is the case for quite a few with depression it's probably because the day is over and your actually allowed to relax but I have always generally been morealert   in the evening and get all my "bright" ideas whilst laying in bed at night. Mornings are just so bad but I find if I get up and force myself on a morning walk it helps a little smile 
  • Posted

I was supposed to get up this morning and go to an event my boyfriends mum is holding for her work to raise money for her company that helps adults with learning disabilities. I had every intention of going and really wanted to help out but when I woke up I just couldn't do it, the thought of spending the day surrounded by people terrified me so I gave it a miss sad I am on a low dosage of my medication (just 10mg) perhaps I should see about getting it put up a dose? 

Hope you're all doing ok today? 

Jen x 

• Posted

HI jen. Is there any chance that the medication itself has this side effect - I have known of lots of people who take such medication and then get anxious beause of the medication itself. Hve you researched possible side effects ? And I mean thoroughly researching not just going by what the doctor says or the leaftet.
    • Posted

I'm on citolopram I've read it can make you feel more anxious but most side affects disappear in the first two weeks and I've been taking it for over a month, I've not found my doctor to be very helpful on the matter though... 
    • Posted

hi jen im on sertraline side effects can last up to 6 weeks. hang in there hun xx
  • Posted

Hi Jen, 

Do you drink tea or coffee in the morning? This could be causing anxiety maybe. 

Agirl x

• Posted

if the person drinks tea every day and regularly then drinking tea will not cause any anxiety - taking caffeine wont - it only causes anxiety if the person is not used to those amounts and you are going to get anxious if you are used to drinking it and cut down a lot.
    • Posted

I used to be a cereal coffee drinker but now I only have it every now and then, I do drink tea most mornings but I have that after I've already woken up feeling anxious. Thanks for your great advice smile
    • Posted

No bother Jen, thought it was worth a shot. My doctor mentioned it with me. I had been only drinking decaf in the evenings but then I switched to decaf only for whole day. One day I had caffeinated tea and shortly after was feeling anxious. Could have been the caffeine. Might not have been. But it's always good to try and see!! 

You're welcome! smile I wish you the best of luck! cheesygrin

xxxxx

• Posted

This is not true, I drank coffee every day for years without getting  anxious .Until one day it hit me. I stopped all caffeine in the past  22 months.it doesn't matter if you just started or have been drinking coffee or tea. If you have anxiety caffeine can trigger a anxiety attacks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.