can amlodipine cause of menstrual delayed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

my period is quite irregular i must say because after taking amlodipine last year i have 2 consecutive months of regular period then the following month delayed then again 2 consecutive have it then delayed..to cut the story short its just this year ive been having lower back pains but still tolerable but im worried about my menstrual period its more than a month now that im delayed..im worried if amlodipine is still good to continue although im not sure if im pregnant.thank you for those who will give some reactions on my anxiety

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've never heard of anyone posting of this side effect of Amlodipine, and I very much doubt it is the culprit in this case.? You haven't said how old you are - you're not by any chance approaching menopause age are you?? It can start unusually early for some.? However, if you are?young, then pregnancy could be the cause - only one way to find out...go and get tested or buy yourself a testing kit.? If not the latter, then do get checked out - it might just be a simple hormone problem that can be easily treated.

• Posted

thank you for taking time commenting on my post, actually im just 36years of age and ive already have a pregnancy test and its negative. I guess your right it might be just a hormonal imbalance but still im quite worried...thank you
    • Posted

I can understand your worries, especially in view of the fact that you are also experiencing lower back pain.  Ask your GP for advice and for a blood test to check your hormone levels and I hope you get to the bottom of this quickly, not least because the worry puts you at risk of increasing your blood pressure in spite of being on Amlodipine.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.