Can anxiety kill you?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can 5 months of pure anxiety hell hurt my heart?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can it killl you?  No!  Can it actually cause real medical conditions if you do not take care of it  Yes!
  • Posted

Hi, billie:  No, a true anxiety attack won't kill you, however, stress of any kind is not good for your body.  You don't say how old you are, but I would suggest you see a doctor and get on the right meds for anxiety/depression.  It is a living hell to not know when you are going to have a panic attack, and pure hell when you do.  There are ways of trying to relax, using different techniques...Stress, over time, can do so much damage, so take care and find a good doctor who will work with you on this.....Hope this helps...
    • Posted

Carol I am 26, I feel like it has thrown my body all put of whack! Its like as soon as I wake up its this shakey feeling! I imagining it, making it happen as in looking for it to happen so it does?
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean, billie...Panic is horrible and I've had it most of my life..I am now 67, so do the math, sweetie...I've had a lot of great times, and I've had a lot of scary times....You might ask your doctor about a beta blocker to stop your pulse from racing. The doctor may think you are too young, but mine gave me one, along with Xanax to calm me down, when, in fact, I nothing to be scared of...I was afraid of my own thoughts....I hope this helps, sweetie...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.