Can anyone help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone I'm a 24 yr old male just wondered if anyone can help with a problem I've been struggling with for some while.

ive been struggling with depression now for about 2 years, it all started one night I had a panic attack and ever since then I haven't felt the same. My biggest problems recently though it seems to be Brain fog as I cannot think clearly at all it feels like nothing comes into my brain just feel like a zombie, I also constantly feel detached from everyone including my family and just feel constantly numb, My memory's also seem weird now it's not that my memory's really bad it's like I lack mental clarity and some of my memories seem like they aren't mine or sometimes what I did earlier in the day feels like a week ago it's strange. 

Does anyone one experience these problems, if so what have you done to feel a bit of relief or what are you doing? Thank you for your help!

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like what happened to me a few months ago. I am almost recovered now, I started medication (Prozac) and just didn't let the depression and anxiety control my actions even though it controlled my thoughts. Hang in there, it gets better and better slowly!
  • Posted

Hi Paul

You don't say whether you are on any medication?  Antidepressants can cause you to feel groggy and have brain fog. Also depression in itself can make you feel the same way. 

Have you spoken to a doctor about how you're feeling?  I'm wondering if in the back of your mind you are worrying about having another panic attack.

How are you doing now?  Blue  

• Posted

As others have said, medication if you are on it - doesn't alter your thinking, it stops you thinking - as you said about being a zombie!

Panic attacks, are not a nice experience, but they will never kill you! Not matter have frightening they seem at the time. Sometimes, it's better to control your breathing and as the book says, 'feel the fear and do it anyway'.

Med's can help yes, but only as a short term solution, after a while, your body will get used to them, and you'll need a stronger dose, and after awhile your body will get used to -- etc.

Try to work out why the panic attack - what was so stressful, and do something to resolve it.

The 'problem' is not the 'panic attacks' but what caused them!

Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.