Can anyone help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure if this is the right place. I've tried to find the answer online but having no luck.

So I'm currently really unhappy with my weight,I'm currently 8st 12lbs so basically nearly 10 st. And I'm 21.. my bmi is 24 and I'm only 5'3.. I feel so unhappy with myself.

Most of the weight is due to my anxiety and not getting out much. But some of it is just laziness and lack of motivation, plus I comfort eat at times and binge eat when I'm bored. Not nessasarily unhealthy foods but I do eat a lot.

Anyway.. I've recently decided to join the gym which is a big step for me. I've only been once and I was so anxious and had about 4 panic attacks but I realise that the weights not just going to fall off and that I need to do something about it.

My confusion is that I don't know how many calories I should aim to burn every time I go to the gym? Last time I went for an hour and I only burnt 99cals (because I was staring out slow as increased heart rate makes me panic so I thought I'd ease myself into it) but I'm just wanting to have a number in my mind so I can have a goal that I will not leave that gym until I've met it every session. They say to maintain weight you're going to want to aim for 1500 cals a day.. so if I'm wanting to lose weight then I should take my daily calorie intake down to 1000? Maybe 800?

I'm going to eat healthy and exersize and lose weight the "healthy way" but I don't have a trainer so, I was just wondering if anyone could answer my question in how many calories should be burned in a hour /2 hour gym session 3times a week to lose weight ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

9 stone 12 not 8 stone

Sorry typo

• Posted

I'm 5.2 had an eating disorder since my teens .. I found being 9.4-9.7 was a nice healthy size 10. I suffer from panic attacks ect i found going the gym with my earphones at the time I'd sit at home watching the usual every day programs motivated me because most machines have tv . So watching them gave me focus & panic lifted. Or listen to your favourite music .

• Posted

HI I think youv answered your own questions .. 8.12 is not nearly 10st & is a good weight for 5.3 . Speak to the trainers at the gym about your heart rate .. & panic attacks they will advise you & may give you a plan. Stop eating carbs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.