Can anyone tell me how they felt 2-3 weeks in on 10mg of citalopram?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on citalopram for a little over 2 weeks. I'm always tired and laying down cause when I walk around I don't feel right. A little dizzy and I can't concentrate every little thing I feel in my body scares me. Is there any relief from citalopram? If so, how long and how did you feel?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm on 20mg for 4 weeks now and I can tell you the first two and half weeks were the worst, the first three days were hell I didn't get off the couch had panic every 15mins dizzy and cloudy and confused and very anxious, the second week was very dizzy all day everyday and just felt run down no appetite lost 12lbs, half way through the third week I started feeling much better the dizzyness stopped but still felt like crap all day just tired and weird is the only way I can describe it, now I have had like 4 great days and 1 day that was not good the rest were ok still had some anxiety but no real panic attacks, it does get better just takes time but the feeling of just weirdness is how I felt as well I even contacted my dr like 5 times freaking out, I stuck it out and now can def see what life could be like which is great, still feel a little off and still feel tired a lot mostly at like 5pm after working and when I get home I'm almost ready for bed but I Make myself stay away till atleast 9 and still usually wake up at about 3am for about an hr then fall back asleep, currently am getting sick with sore throat so that has my anxiety heightened a touch but not enough to really freak out, and my anxiety is partially a health anxiety so the med must be Doing its job, lol, its rough but normal to feel unconfortable while on it for the first little bit of time hang In there and if you feel like something is really wrong then contact your dr, I have to make an appt just to make sure I don't need antibiotics for me being sick and also have a follow up check up visit for my cit so that has me a little nervous but that's normal I don't think anyone enjoys going to the dr or being sick lol hopefully I was some help for you, this forum is great place for info on our condition and meds also proof we can beat it, keep asking questions and commenting with other users the support is great and really really helped me get through the tough times

• Posted

You have to give it 4-6 weeks for side effects to leave. For me the first time it took 3 months to feel good I was on 10mg should of been on 20mg but was scared of the side effects. I increased to 15mg 3 weeks ago did pretty good than got dizzy and panicky for the last two days so hopefully it will improve again! Hang in there it will get better and if it don't you may need a higher dose or a different med!

• Posted

I felt horrible for two weeks but it did wear off. Try not to lay around thinking about things. Get out in the fresh air and try and see the good things around you. Wishing you better soon.
  • Posted

Yeah pretty much what everyone else is saying is spot on. You have to give it at least 3 weeks. My first 2 weeks were not fun. Dizzy, nausea and sleepiness. I'm not a coffee drinker but during that first month I had to have some type of caffeine sometimes or else I would sleep for hours. Give it some time. This is an amazing medication and I have never felt better smile

• Posted

Hi Jonny,

You didnt say what time you are taking the citalopram but i will guess you are taking it in the morning/afternoon?

For every one saying it makes you tired try taking it in the evening, this helped me as i too was tired and drowsy but switching to taking it in the evening helps me. give it a try. smile

hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Jonny, hi everyone,

New to this and really nervous, I started citalopram 3weeks ago, the first 10 days were awful, then the next 5 days were bareable, but day 16/27/18/19/20 have been pretty awful, I feel really anxious agitated, feeling of scared, not good enough, I feel like Iv went back, please tell me this is normal with the meds, ??

Jonny I hope you get some relief soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.