Can BV affect sex in the way of not being able to orgasm?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry to be so blunt but I not read this in any symptoms. Have had my BV for like 6 months now. Tried antibiotics but couldn't take full dose as made me ill. For months it not really affected me having an orgasm but the past month it has and its just not happening. Well to be honest we've only been touching not actual sex to be safer and not been a prob. Sometimes its flared up abit after. Also I never get any bad smell. That part has never been an issue but definitely have BV as had tests. But would like to know if the infection can affect orgasms.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Has never affected me, maybe you are thinking about the BV instead of the pleasure (subconsciously)??
    • Posted

Thanks, yes possibly? Though to be honest I was more worried in the earlier days/months that I had this.
    • Posted

No, not physically. But I agree with Andrea, I have found myself pre-occupied with BV while with my partner and couldn't stay focused on the moment. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.