Can herpes be spread to child if you are H Positive and pregnant?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know a couple different ppl who have babies that have horribly painful sores that spread from their vajay jays to their behinds. Diaper rash ointments don't clear them up. Nothing they have found seems to. Since I myself have H1&2, I can't help but think these sores the babies have are herpes related. They are reputable families with very trusted child care, so sexual abuse is not even suspected in the least. I just wonder if it was treated as herpes .... if there is something safe to give these little ones...would these awful sores disappear.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Usually herpes can be prevented being passed frm mother to child if mom wasnt having a outbreak during her vaginal birth if she was then they would perform a cesarean so the baby will not acquire the Herpes but unfortunately sometimes if the mother doesn't knw she has it then passing it is possible my suggestion is seeking medical advise i can only imagine how much pain a poor baby could b in😒😟
  • Posted

What makes you think it ia a herpes rash vs a severe diaper rash? I've watched my niece be sick w the runs and have severe diaper rash, that was painful.

You might want to be careful w such accusations of another's child.

If it was passed to the baby during birth, it would have it all over it and be a pretty sick baby, if it didn't die from it that is and have a number of neurological issues, including possible blindness.. I doubt it is herpes.

If that baby had herpes, it would be so sick. I suggest you be careful, people can sue over defamation, with such a serious accusation as that, when you have no Medical training or any reason to suspect sexual abuse. I'd tread lightly if I were you bringing this up.

Who are these babies that you see like this, to post such a thing? If is a very random and ambiguous post.

Oitments don't clear it up, because they have too much moisture. They have to be laid on a blanket w no diaper to air dry as much as possible.

Im sure they have regular pediatric appts they tend to and the docs would be able to tell what is normal or not for diaper rash. My niece had it all over butt and her vagina.

• Posted

Slow down a bit and don't be so quick to call me careless. As I stated, I in NO WAY what so ever suspect child molestation!! Second of all, this is the first and ONLY place I have posted this question. You are right about me not being medically qualified to make such a diagnosis. That is why I chose to ask about it on this forum where there I know someone out there might just be qualified to comment on it. I definitely didn't expect to be attacked with rude accusations. I would NEVER make such a presumptuous remark to these parents. I asked this question out of mere concern. Forgive me for my ignorance, but I thought this was a forum to support and educate.
    • Posted

Where did I call you careless? That's you projecting what you think I meant, not what I actually said. I advised you to be careful. Because those accusations are very serious and can get you in trouble. You came for advice on the forum and I gave yiu some, so you don't get in trouble. Smh.... Attacked? Rude accusations? Hahahaha... OK sing4theking.... Now you sound dramatic. Please highlight and point put where I attacked? Please enlighten me?

So now you're a victim? Really? Oh my word.. So you mean, you only wanted advice that was making you a heroine? Oh... I see... So stating those are serious accusations, proceed w caution, you can be sued, etc is attacking? Lol... OK... Wow.... Sounds like advising to me... You just didn't like the advice, because it pointed out those are serious and dangerous accusations you are making, which they are and I stand by it and you got defensive... No attacking, you just getting defensive and taking things petsknal and wanting to be told only what you want to be told.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.