Can HS affect my ears?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I am new here and I am very glad to have found you all!

I had suffered persistent recurring cysts for years but dismissed them as unimportant until I awoke one morning with a huge red draining welt and the blood convinced me to go the Drs. That was approx 1 year ago, since then the HS has spread to my other axilla and yesterday to my groin.

The thing is I have been suffering for 10 years with recurring debilitating ear infections (affecting one or both ears) associated with boils in the outer and inner ear. The current one is a doozy and very painful. I have been referred to 5 audiologists in this time and none can find the source of the infection, is it possible this is HS in my ear? Could this have been where it all started off?

I did see one post where a gentleman suffered from abcesses on the outer ear.

To be honest I just wish I knew what the ear pain was I have felt like a hypochondriac for years and struggle to live as full a life as I would like and find the pain difficult to manage.

Sorry for being a whinger.

Love and Support to you all

xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Please don't ever feel like your winging HS is a very painful condition and its looking as if patients like us are having to find out more about the condition for ourselfs as not enough research is going into it. I just wanted to say I have had HS for about 13 years and yes I have noticed my ears get very sore and a build up of wax and I also get small lumps in both I cannot say if it is related however the more people who let other HS sufferers know the more knowledge of the condition we have.

Take very good care of yourself.

• Posted

Hi thanks very much for your kind reply, Gosh 13 years you must get so frustrated at times. Like everyone else on here I have so many questions but there are not so many answers out there! I just dont want any more antibiotics been on them more or less straight for about a year now.

I think the non research of HS is a disgrace!

Take care and keep well Lolo

• Posted

Hi,

I had HS for about 5 years in my late teens and early 20's. I just wanted to let you know that it did affect behind my ears for a period of time. I found this the worst area as people caught sight of it. It did occassionally affect my groin but was mainly in the underarm area.

You'll see I say had, I am VERY fortunate that the condition went away with time. I can't believe so little is known about this and doctors still don't know how to treat it and why it's caused. I still have scaring under my arms and at 27 I'm still have acne.

I just wanted to say good luck and there is hope! x

• Posted

I noticed it has been over a year since you have posted this.... Have you received confirmation that it is HS in your ears?

I have always had problems with bad ear infections in both ears, I believe in heart that is what is behind it but have not heard any confirmations from others yet, only "suspected" like mine.

TIA

- Anita

• Posted

To anyone who has HS. I have been dealing with hs since I was 13 years old and I'm now 32 about to be 33. i found out by going to the doctor that hs can effect your ears. i get it in my ears on both sides of my ear lobes and the bottom of my ear lobes. it does hurt. i have been trying to deal with it and still going through it all over my body. i tried everything. The only thing that helps the symptoms is humira injections you can do at home. i hope this helps. I'm trying to stay strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.