Can I drink alcohol ? 1 month Post op in 3 days .

Posted , 1 user is following.

Was just wondering if its ok to drink alcohol now ? I have a party in 2 weeks and its my celebration so just wanted to make sure it's find!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi maria. I am not aware of any alcohol restrictions after ops apart from the first 24 hours after anaesthetic so personally wouldn't worry. I take it you haven't had major surgery and are not on painkillers? I suppose all that is easy for me to say as I a not a big drinker, in fact these days I am not even a little drinker! Lol ai hae a glass of wine once  in a blue moon and certainly can't manage more than two! Lol

Enjoy your celebration! What is it? X

• Posted

Hi sandy!!! I Had my ovary taken out as well as a dermoid cyst!! I went to the doctor on Friday and she said everything looked ok and I even asked if I can wear heels and she said yes lol. But I forgot if I can drink question. I'm not taking antibiotics or pain killers anymore since I'm not in pain , haven't in like a week and my incisions seemed healed smile . 4 days before my big 25 Bday I ended up in the ER and well that's when all this process started! So it's my bday/recovery party!! I had a huge party planned and since I didn't feel good had to cancel back then .
    • Posted

Oh you will be fine then to drink in a couple of weeks, just don't go over the top! Lol I know thats easy for meto say, as going over the top means 4 drinks! Lol and you will be wanting to celebrate. Must have been emotional havin a dermoid cyst? Mine are simple cysts thankfully.

enjoy your party! X

• Posted

You shouldn't really mix alcohol and painkillers, but I had the occasional drink on top of some painkillers as I was getting stronger. I'd say Ibuprofen and Paracetamol = OK, codeine = no (I had a glass of wine one evening while off all painkillers, but 2-3 hours later I was very sore so took Codeine and I went instantly mega spaced out!!). 

If you're completely off pain killers you'll be fine to drink. Enjoy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.