Can I get a before n after thread going

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on this a few times but from various health problems, mainly mental, I've struggled to keep going good on the diet n exercise after such a period of time.

This time nothing will stop me because I now have my own treadmill and having agoraphobia has severely affected my exercise abilities before this.

I'd love some motivation. 

Can people tell me their progress? Start weight, current weight, length of time it took you. I know everyone is different and I may not lose as fast as others but I'd just like the motivation!

Thank you in advance. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I struggle to exercise because of CFS/ME but I try to go out for a walk most days. I'm sorry that you are unable to do this at the moment. I am very fortunate to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses so I can go out on the ministry most days. I once went with my friend to a voluntary mental health help. She wanted to hear that there was a tablet that would give her a quick fix to cure her bi-polar. Instead, the kind and compassionate man said "here is your prescription". He drew a circle on a piece of paper and split it in three. One section said 'sleep' another said 'activity' and the last one said 'rest'. It's hard to get that balance but it does work. Of course a balanced diet with no junk food will help considerable.

i wish you well with your weight loss. You have a good attitude towards it and that's the best starting point.

• Posted

Good morning 

I've been going to six months now, I took a break for six weeks after a accident .I stated at 15stone 11 pounds now weighing in at 13stone 6 ..I am happy with this as I want to lose the weight slowly.

my goal is to get to 12 stone as any smaller I'd look ridiculous as I've got .Big bust.

In my opinion it's about being comfy with yourself, not doing it for how people want you to be .

• Posted

Hi, so this isn't really an 'after' but I started Orlistat (Xenical) 4 days ago and I've lost 5lbs since. I don't know if that's a big change to you, but tbh I am so relieved that it works for me. I too, have struggled a long time, also have certain mental health issues. I have not started doing any exercise yet, as I haven't had the time so I've been following a low-fat diet and keeping everything under 5g per 100g fat. I've also don't like water that much so I bought a low-cal squash to mix in. But as soon as I start exercise (today) I'm sure the weight will just keep on dropping down. Good luck!

• Posted

Hiya, I started taking these January 2014 and reached my target weight in May 2015. So in 16 month I lost 7 stone, starting at 17 and a half and getting to 10 and a half stone. Not long after this I got pregnant and piled 3 stone back on but now my baby is 5 month old I'm starting again with the boxes I have left over to try and shift the extra 2 stone I am left with. They do work you just need MAJOR motivation and don't give up! Good luck xx

• Posted

Congratulations! That's so good. I'm hoping to lose about a fair few stone myself. I'm setting various goals, my first one is to get to 14 then 12 n a half. So...maybe not baby steps, but going through smaller goals rather than one big one is the best idea for me I think.

Hope you reach your goal and thank you x

• Posted

How are you getting on? I started about 6weeks ago, started off at 14:11 and so far lost a stone- we did have a weekend full of party's so I didn't lose any that week at least I did put on. It is hard I found the first few weeks hard that's because I was adjusting to a new meal plan, I also exercise 3 times a week- something called t25.

I am getting on okay, I just get board easily with the same foods and loose focus but I have a handy fat picture of me on the fridge to help stop snacking- a nice gentle reminder. But loosing weight each week is an incentive. I am constantly reminding.my self why I am doing this! I hope u get on okay!

• Posted

hey congratulations on the loss so far!

I've lost about 8lbs, which I'm okay with as I haven't been able to exercise really due to some iffy clicky pain in my leg that would nottt go away, AND my grandparents being quite insistent on me eating a few takeaways. They don't know I'm on the pills and they thought I was just being difficult. I'd tell them but then suddenly everything I'd eat would be scrutinized so and with me having a bulimia, well, I got enough of my own issues to deal with.

I've found having electric scales really helpful. They tell me exact loss so at least I've even lost 0.2 points of a pounds I feel like I can keep going. Before on normal scales it'd just look the same I'd get fed up and binge.  I've done the picture thing too painful as it was. 

I'm going to look up the t25, thank you! Good luck on your journey keep me posted! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.