Can I stop propranolol after 3 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was given this for migraine associated vertigo. Im on 5 mgs once a day for 3 days, I'm having awful nausea and headache and don't want to continue with it. Is it ok to stop after 3 days without withdrawl?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am sorry to hear u are feeling like this. I.started taking 20 mg à day and i am now talking 60 for ocular migraines. I.think u should try and tough it out. Thé side effects for me went away after à few days. Each time i increased i had nausea et felt weird but it goes away. I was losing my vision every second day, i see flashes everyday still, but since i take this med i lost my vision 2 in 3 weeks which is à big improvement. If u have Bad migraines maybe u should wait 5 mg is à very low dose.

• Posted

Thanks for repkyong. I'm concerned about the effects this med had on the heart. I've been reading sine very bad things about it. How people trying to get off of it after long periods are having heart issues. I don't think after 3 days going off should be a problem. A psychiatrist on a board said it takes months to build up and a few days at 5 mgs shoukd not be a problem to stop. How long have you been on it?

• Posted

5 weeks now. It does lower your Heart rate but i dont see how it can bé Bad for u heart...they also give this to people who have heart conditions.

• Posted

Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I've read sone messages that people are saying going off of it they had fast heart rates and done with breathing issues. So I'm Leary of it. I've never been told I have heart problems, but I do have low blood pressure and I'm afraid it's going to lower it to much. Have you noticed any change in your blood pressure or heart rate?

• Posted

If u really want to stop just call u r pharmacie, 5m is very low and after 3days possibly u can bit i.would still verify with à médical expert

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.