Can LS cause large blood blister on labia?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 53 years old and have had lichen sclerosus for at least ten years. I see a dermatologist for it. Anyway 2 1/2 weeks ago I had a pap. Everything looked good and came back fine. Three days ago labia start burning when I wipe after using the bathroom so last night I looked and found a rather large black flat patch on labia. It almost looks like it could be a blood blister except it is flat. I am freaking out. I am sure it was not there when I had my pap or it would have been mentioned. It is ugly! did I develop cancer of the labia in 17 days or is this part of the lichens? Has anyone else experienced this? Help!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

i had the same on my labia minors about inch long blood blister I just wanted to reassure you as you sound worried and it's horrid to worry.  It's what initially made me get a mirror and I noticed the white near it.  I was told the L S can thin the skin and then any pressure i.e. From a bike seat which happened to me can cause a pressure lesion.  Have you put clob on it as I did and it shrunk.  

• Posted

Thank you for your response Sue! I am a worried mess! Lol. I have been putting clob on it and I took a baking soda and lavendar soak. I have not managed my LS like I should, but have never experienced anything like ths before so I freaked. It is so ugly! Flat, black and about a cm round. It really does look like a blood blister. How come none of the LS sites mention this as a possibility? How long did the clob take to shrink the blister? Did it go away finally? I am calling my dermatologist tomorrow to get her opinion.
    • Posted

Hi

In about June time I noticed it but I can't say for sure how long it was there but I went to gp in June straight away who said it was from cycling but the twit never mentioned L S.  after googling I put two and two together and went to GUM clinic who referred me saying it was L S?  I said to dr at biopsy I was worried about the thing on minora and he said he wasn't it is a pressure wound.  I have seen on L S sites blood blisters can form.  It took a couple of weeks to shrink but I can see a scar from it.  I can understand how we can get it I suppose we sit on delicate thinned skin squashing it.  You're doing the right thing ask if it's pressure orientated.  I don't know if you are post menopause or not but I got told I need vagifem as well as I'm post menopause.  I hate people worrying as I'm like it myself.  It's the unknown and I think googling made me worse as well.  Don't look images up I got told they are worse cases by the dr.  If I hadn't put clob on I don't think it would go it kept getting bigger and didn't bleed it was all under the surface of skin.

• Posted

Sue that sounds exactly like what I have. It is all under the surface of the skin. That is why it looks so gross lol. Mine also does not bleed. It is very near some white patches so I am sure it is probably LS related but that is just not something you expect to see down there! I have looked at lots of images on line, but really can't find anything that resembles this too much. I think a lot of dr do not recognize LS. No Dr has ever mentioned it to me during my paps. It was my dermatologist who diagnosed it so that is the person I am calling tomorrow since she knows my history so well. Will keep using the clob. for sure. Thanks. Your comments have helped me.

• Posted

Hi

it sounds the same.  Near mine was and is still but not as raised all along the side of the labia minora the edge of it white I thought stupidly before I knew about this it was pus inside,  I've read so much and I read L S can come on because of trauma there so if you got a wound from pressure or something the l S there kicked off.  Three gps at my surgery never heard of L S I kept showing them and showing them I knew it wasn't right so went to the GUM clinic instead.  Thing is before I knew what it was I was getting the mirror up to eight times a day apart from putting cream down there I have tried to stop looking until evening when I put clob on.  Hope you feel better.  

• Posted

I have calmed down some. It is just so ugly. Was your blood blister really ugly? Sorry that is such a stupid question but that is where my head is at. It looks like round black circle - to me more like a blood blister than any of the pictures I have seen of vulvar cancer or melanoma. Actually uglier than those but not like any of them if that makes sense. LOL. I told my husband to me it really looks like a black blood blister someone might get on their finger except flat. Grrr! I wish it was monday so I could call the dr already and get some answers. Thanks for letting me vent.
    • Posted

Sue this is a dumb question but was your blister really ugly? Like did it alarm you? Did you realize it was a blister or did you not know that til you went to the dr? Thanks for letting me keep asking questions. Just gotta get it all out. Wish it was monday already.
    • Posted

Sorry I didn't think the first response sent. sad

• Posted

Hi

i don't mind questions I think we need someone to talk to and it isn't something you can say to someone when they ask how are you, well fine but I'm very worried about downstairs, they'd be off like a shot so we keep it to ourselves and worry.  In June when I went to go I asked is it cancer she replied it's flat, blood bruise and not raised and I know I ride a bike so left it.  It didn't go but spread up a bit. Yeah it was in a few parts like a trapped finger blood not raised but flat.  Yes it did alarm me but I'd been riding a road bike with skinny saddle and I swear that caused damag and made it come on.   I've read friction or pressure can cause them.  Just to reassure you the dr didn't biopsy it before xmas he did two other areas nowhere near it both consultants said at hospital it is trapped skin or broken vessel.  Yeah like you I hate having this and worry but at least we know about it but is still a worry.  Have you done anything that may cause it, horse riding or anything?  I did think same as you when I first got the mirror out in June of course anyone would we just need some support emotionally with all this don't we.

• Posted

You'll think I'm crazy but I went and looked something I don't do until clob time and it's gone only a tiny dark remnant of blood blister is left under where it was is pale skin/white so I guess L S was there then but I didn't know.  Put some clob on it it can't harm it.

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Honestly, everytine I look at mine it looks different,

I have had a black patch, but ,it's gone now,

I would go back and see someone ,to put your mind at ease,

Hope you get relief,

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.