Can ovarian cysts reoccur??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so last year after a year of pain I found out my right ovary had a 7cm cyst and a few 2cm ones.

So I had keyhole surgery on 21st November, they said they completely removed the cyst and burnt the ovary to stop it from coming back.

My periods are still a bit irregular and last week had a lot of abdominal period pain which is a bit weird as my next period isn't due for another 3 weeks. This morning I've woke up with a dull ache and hip pain into my back which I used to get a lot. So I'm really worried not that it's come back, even after they said it wouldn't.

Is this normal? And if it is would they just take the ovary out to stop this from happening I can't afford the time off work!!

Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi just read your post , I ma 54 but two years ago i had an ovary and large cyst removed and even at the beginning of this year was still getting terrible pains as though the whole lot was still in there ! , it has now gone im glad to say but I am now going through the menopause , so things have calmed down considerably with regard to periods , I did go back to my doctor though , because I couldnt understand why I was still having pain ,

It may take a while for your body to recover and it will be adjusting , but go back to your doctor and ask for a further scan to check how things are if your worried , im sure things will settle down , but put your mind at rest

Kind regards

• Posted

If that ovary is still there it could be a further cyst but if the pain you have now is different it is possible it is being caused by something quite different, ann.

Best see your doctor.

• Posted

I'm 27 so a way off menopause yet, even though at the minute it's seems quiet inviting. I haven't had any pain since the operation, I'm just worried to death as the pain was crippling and I'm quiet sensitive anyway.

I jut assumed as the ovary had been burnt it would never come back again!!

Thank you for your comments though xxxx

• Posted

Hiya im 24 and had a large cyst and my ovary removed in october. My periods are still quite irregular but have been told it can take a bit of time for everything to get back to normal. I think it is possible for them to come back if the ovary wasnt removed but its possibly period pains due to them being slightly irregular. If it carries on id go back to the doctor just incase smile x
  • Posted

Hey ann, i had large cyst that was attached to my left fallopian tube and the surgeon removed the left fallopian tube with the large cyst that was 18 cm and 2L of fluid. And I took an MRI scan that was recommended by my gynecologist and the result came back as another cyst that is growing on the ovary. I was pretty shocked though. I thought it can only come once. But in my situation it came back but in different area of the ovary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.