can severe scoliosis cause vaginal bleeding?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since my scoliosis has got worse I keep bleeding inbetween periods...Its not a lot of blood 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Lauren, I can't imagine how scoliosis could cause this and my advice would be to get this checked out without delay, just to be on the safe side.
  • Posted

I am male so i am not surton, altho depending on the degree of curviture it can put presher on internal organs and nerves, there for is possibal but eather way i would talk to a professional just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps

Best of luck

• Posted

Hi Lauren, 

Whilst I am neither all-knowing nor am I a surgeon, I have never heard of any severity of scoliosis cause vaginal bleeding - your back may hurt during your period due to the muscles around your uterus contracting, it is highly unlikely that your scoliosis has anything to do with the bleeding itself.

Without details on the bleeding and a general history, it is extrememly hard to diagnose such a condition, and for this reason I would VERY strongly recommend going to see your GP/doctor as whilst vaginal bleeding isn't always something to be concerned about, it can be a sign of something more serious and should always be checked by a medical professional.

I hope that this helps, and I am always happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Izzie smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.