Can someone help me with my blood results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Are these low/high? What could it mean? On the bloods report it marked Follate as high and Alk Phos as low

b12: 243 pg/ml

Follate: 19.9 ng/ml

Ferritin: 41 ng/ml

Alk Phos: 37 U/L

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi my levels are similar my folate is 19.98  b12 228, am not sure but i think we need b12 injections to use up the foalte , are you takeing  folate or on injections x
    • Posted

No, my doctor says my results are normal, I'm waiting for her to call back so that I can discuss.

• Posted

I spoke with her and she was insistent that these results are within normal ranges and nothing to worry about...I'm very frustrated 

• Posted

It would help if you could show the ranges <usually shown in brackets> as different labs use different ranges and measurements.

Your B12 could be at the lower end of "Normal" but what is important is a) why were you tested and b} do you have any neurological symptoms suggestive of a Vitamin B12 Deficiency or possible Pernicious Anaemia?

I am not a medically qualified person but one who has had P.A. for 45 years.

• Posted

The B12 is within the normal range for the lab, the Folate was flagged as high by the lab and the Alk Phos was flagged as low. Ferratin was within the normal range, but low.

As for symptoms, I have a history of fainitng spells and dizziness. I have tingly, numbness in hands and feet and they turn cold as ice. 

• Posted

The lab flagged it high for a reason, are you in the uk, as most gps here dont understand b12 & folate , in other countries they treat over 500 , your b12 is in range but low i really think you need injections to use the folate up x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.