Can't Believe this is an active HS tread!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So nice to find an active thread on hidradenitis suppurativa! I'm 26 and have been suffering with HS since I was 16. Currently waiting for my second surgery. I'm having the highest flare up I've ever had and my surgery isn't for another month. Ive ordered emuaid (still waiting for it in the mail) started taking estrosense (a natural hormone balancer) and I'm starting turmeric supplements tonight. I have a flare up in my armpit that is bigger then a golfball. Been like this for a couple weeks. Super painful and living off Advil and naproxen. Using hot compress and ice packs. Nothing has helped so far. Terrified to go get it lanced. My lesions have always just done their own thing and opened and drained on their own. This time is different. It's under very thick scar tissue so I think it's having a really difficult time opening. I'm so happy to have found a community of people who share this awful disease. Are any of you interested in starting a discussion personally? I'd love to connect with you all and see what we've tried that's worked or hasn't worked. There's so many things online to try natural and medication but as we all know what works for one person does nothing for the next.. so I think it would be nice to connect and help each other out!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sad 4 your first surgery didn't success but as a patient I said to all patients who are facing this disease right now plz avoid nightshade veggies and fruits until you get properly fit n healthy and one more thing ask the doctor's about your medicine. Ask the side effects of your medicine

Ask all the info you want for your treatment if he feels misbehavior then it's all his fault not yours. apply turmeric paste on boil cover up whole night next morning take a shower go ahead research about aloe vera. It's help in healing the skin . don't wear t shirt or tide jeans. Wear cotton cloth. Drink green tea. Do a exercise Ask a support from your husband or your family to support you because in this disease people get far from you ( personal experience) so don't loose hope keep smiling wink

• Posted

Hi

I'm sorry to hear the discomfort and pain you going through I've been having this condition over 20 yrs of my life and notice I'm getting more flareups going through menopause. sad

had my second surgery this year last Monday under armpit and it's not very nice it takes weeks to heal. I've started using zinc meds seems to be helping but I also know I need to stop smoking which I'm trying to do, so hard right now especially after loosing my job being off ill most times.

I'm hoping to start a campaign new year for awareness and hope to get help here in South Africa as Doctors don't know much about this condition which makes me really sad.

hope we can keep in touch.

best of luck for your surgery

• Posted

Let me give you best formula how to quit or stop smoking just busy your self this rule is simple and easy. I started smoking in December 2014 when I got tensed . I smoke weed more than cigarettes, within 2015 I just walked away. if you think smoking is a solution of tension or problem then let me tell it's not. it becomes a human life habit and it grows up to future generation. So just busy your self if you are in a mood of smoking just eat fish and listen some hope this formula help you

• Posted

Thanks for the tip

I'm hoping to try my best to stop. It is one that triggers flareups too.

I need to change my diet too.

• Posted

Thank you for the replies! I'm located in Canada. There isn't much research here either. Would love to start some sort of awareness group out here. But I agree everywhere in the world needs to be more aware of this disease. I used to be a smoker. Quit 3 years ago. I had 2 babies last year and after pregnancy is when I had my relapse. Had multiple flare ups since. Thus why I am going for surgery again. I sympathize with you just having had surgery on your armpit! Mine didn't heal bs close up for a full year after my surgery. But then I was in remission for a few years. Surgery was definitely worth it in my opinion. I'm at the point where all I can do for weight loss is to eat healthy as I cannot workout at all. I'm so lucky to have amazing support from my husband. He's only just really learning about this disease as I didn't elaborate much in the past about it. I kept it hidden and suffered silently due to embarrassment. I strongly believe way more people suffer from this and just don't say anything. It's so sad but it gets to the point where you need to tell people what's going on because it really does effect your everyday life. And it dramatically lowers your quality of life. I think I'm lucky in the sense that I've never (or haven't yet) gotten depressed from this. I'm a pretty strong individual and I just kinda deal with it and then ignore it. But I think more people need to know this is real and doctors need to start caring about finding a cure or at least an effective treatment.

• Posted

If your treatment is going successfully then best of luck get well soon
  • Posted

Have any of you tried turmeric paste that you apply directly to the infected area?
    • Posted

Yup now a days I am using it all over my infected area little bit painful but useful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.