Can't keep still

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on venlafaxine and have been given trazodone to help me sleep.

I've taken it for four nights. The first two nights I slept well, I was drowsy within forty minutes then on the third night I wasn't drowsy for about two hours and then couldn't get to sleep for a bit, I slept well once I did.

During the day I've been still a bit drowsy but ok and actually quite chatty, then yesterday I started to get agitated and didn't sleep last night. I didn't even get into bed, I can't keep still today and I still don't want to sleep.

My doses are 225mg of venlafaxine and 100mg of trazodone.

I expected to be really drowsy and have no problems sleeping but I'm more anxious than I was before.

Has anyone else experienced this? Reading the other experiences everyone else seems to have become really drowsy apart from one who seemed to have a terrible time.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yeah...I was ok for it for about a week then I started feeling panicky and experiencing the symptoms of a panic attack. Kind of felt claustraphobic and nausea started kicking in but that may be because of the anxiety i was experiencing. Not pleasant at all, and fairly scary to be honest.
  • Posted

yes feel like i have boundless energy and am doing loads of stuff - its making me loose weight a s a result but i also feel quite anxious at times. it has helped me sleep but my anxiety does still exist.
  • Posted

Hi i am on Venlafaxine 150mg for anxiety, they now prescribed me 50mg of Trazadone to help with my depression. I am to scared to take it incase my 2.5yr old wakes up in the middle of the night and i cant help. My concern is will i be able to function as a mother on this and do my job??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.